Chapter Four:

A/N: this chapter is a bit short. sorry. I didn't want to bore you with some 3 pages of how the party went and how many drinks did they had etc...

---------------------------------

Brian's POV:

I look at him heading back to his bike, he turns back to me for a second and gives another small smile.

I close the door and heading up to my room. The party is about to start but I'm not ready yet. 

I don't even care about what I'll wear and how to style my hair right now. 

You know that feeling you get when you know you've fucked up? That you did something so wrong? This is how I was feeling right now. Like I've fucked up big time. 

I was bullying on this poor kid just because of my friends, I didn't even know him personally. And now I realize he's actually super nice. I mean who would buy a gift for his bully? I'm surprised he knew I was into astronomy.

Sure, we know each other since first grade. But even then, we weren't friends.

I used to love astronomy. This was the only thing I used to talk about all day, and dream about every night. But then around seventh grade, my friends told me that astronomy is only for nerds and that I shouldn't talk about it so much. And I wanted them to stay my friends. So I stopped. I donated all of my astronomy books. I took down all of the galaxy posters. Threw out the mobile.

When my mom asked, I told her that I was simply growing up.

I trace the cover of the book with my fingers, this is the best gift I've got in years, to be honest.

How many video games can you get? Do you actually need a new phone every year? How many gift cards can you get? And why are all of them to urban outfitters?

Since when did we stop actually caring and paying attention to each other's needs?

There's a knock on my door. I quickly shove the book to my nightstand drawer. The last thing I want is someone to enter the room and ask questions about it.

"Yoooo birthday boy!!! What's up?!" Matthew enters the room like a storm.

"I'm fine, can't wait for tonight" I fake smile.

I'm definitely not fine, I've been acting like a piece of shit to people just because of Matthew and the rest of his group. And for what? Be popular? how could I be so blind?

Needless to say, the party was shitty. Or awesome. Depends who you're asking.

I couldn't concentrate. I didn't care anymore, I don't care for any of those people over here, all of my fake friends.

Do you think they'd still hang around if I wasn't as popular as I am?

"s-so, pretty boy... how about me giving you a birp-birthday gift?" a drunk girl approached me.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Jessica, maybe you should go home? You're way too drunk to keep partying" I decline her "generous" offer.

"Bro are you ok?" Matthew asks,

"Yeah, why?"

"How could you turn down an offer for sex? And with Jessica? Are you sick or something?"

sick of the bullshit maybe.

"I'm just not in the mood for having sex while worrying she might throw up on me in the middle of the act" I spat at him

"no need to get mad, bro, it's ok"

I hate it. I hate everything. These people don't really care about me or my wellbeing, they only care about my status.

This is all gonna change from now on. I promise.

And first thing first, I need to ask Zach for forgiveness.

---------------------------------

It's almost 5 am. The party has been over for about an hour already. I'm trying to clean up as much as I can. I usually would go and pass out in my bed, but I can't fall asleep. Might as well do something useful for a change.

How the hell am I going to even apologize to Zach? What can I even say?

"hey sorry for being a piece of shit, I cared way too much about my popularity, hope you can understand"

I don't even have his number.

Oh, I also smashed his phone. Wonderful.

Anyway, I should do it face to face. Definitely not over a phone call. He needs to see I actually am sorry. That I actually care. 

---------------------------------

A/N: so, what did you thought about this chapter?

I might update on Wednesday, it's my Birthday! (and I asked not to work on that day, of course) 

don't forget to vote and comment!  

xoxo