Chapter Twenty-four:

A/N: so I got a comment asking to speed things up between Zach and Brian (well, sort of) so... here you go.

---------------------------------

Zach's POV:

Dad was already seated at the table, reading a newspaper.

Jenny came for dinner as well, and she sat next to Dad, with George on her lap.

I sat next to Jenny, and Brian sat next to me, leaving an empty seat for mom next to him.

"I didn't know you have a cat," Brian said to me.

"yep, his name is George"

"George? That's a weird name for a cat" he chuckled.

"it might be, but he seems like a George to me, that's why I named him like that"

"I'm more of a dog person myself, but he's cute. I like his mustache" Brian pointed on George's face.

George noticed that we're talking about him, rose up from Jenny's lap, and made it way over to sit on my lap.

"I know I said you're cute, but please don't come any closer" Brian petted George on his head.

"You're scared? He's just a cat!" I laughed at him.

"Hey! Cat's can be very unpredictable!" Brian defended.

George just meowed at Brian and kept purring at me.

"ok! This is the last plate!" mom came into the dining room with a bowl full of mashed potatoes and gravy.

"which means it's time to eat, Zach, get the cat off of you," Dad said and folded the newspaper.

"aw, but he's so cute! And he's not bothering me eating! Please?"

"Get. Him. Down"

"you're no fun" I mumbled while getting George down to the floor.

---------------------------------

We all sat and ate the food quietly.

That until my sister decided to interrogate Brian.

"so, Brian, what brings you here?"

"the same reason you're here. Free food" I glared at her.

She better stop right here before opening a pandora box.

"funny. He knows what I meant" she glared at me back.

"well, my parents are on vacation, so yesterday I invited Zach to sleep-over at my place, and he invited me today to sleep-over at his place," Brian told her.