Chapter Twenty-seven:

A/N: hello!!!! long time no see or update, I just came back from my vacation in Madrid, and man it was amazing! I'll definitely recommend you all to visit there and I hope I'll visit there again soon because it's such a lovely city.

anyway..... who's ready for a new chapter? (finally)

---------------------------------

Zach's POV:

"don't give me that look," Jenny said while walking to the garage.

"what look?" I asked.

"The 'you just interrupted me and my boyfriend to make-out' look"

"he's not my boyfriend! We weren't even kissing! That was just your imagination! What do you need from the garage anyway?!" I defended.

"nothing. I just saved your ass, mom is hosing the garden, and you're lucky I saw you two making out before she did, because I already know she's gonna be hella pissed your dating a 'co-worker' basically"

"we're not dating. We weren't making out. You're delusional. Now stop talking so loud and get inside the house" I pushed her gently.

"Whatever you say little brother" she ruffled my hair and stepped inside the house.

---------------------------------

Dinner was quiet and awkward. 

We all sat together at the table and ate our food in silence.

"so, Zach, what did you and Brian do today?" mom asked.

"Um... nothing, we went to the arcade... that's about it" I mumbled and continued to eat the rice from my plate.

"that's it? Nothing else?" Jenny peeked at me from her seat.

"yep. Just the arcade. What did you do today, Jenny?"

"studied. Came here for dinner. Helped mom cleaning the garden earlier. That's it. You know, adulthood" she smirked.

"good for you" I rolled my eyes.

"You and Brian hang out a lot lately, I'm glad you're such good friends" mom smiled.

"he's also a great worker, especially for someone who isn't professionally trained" dad added.

"yep. I like him a lot as well, such a nice boy" Jenny said.

"yeah he's alright I guess" I tried to lower their excitement.

"are you that close at school as well?" Jenny asked.

"yes, he's friends with both me and Olivia, so we hang out at school as well" I answered in a pissed tone.