19. The Snitch

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I know she's crazy" I cut him off before he could finish. "Trust me I've already spoken to her and seen that side of her. The girl is fucking nuts but she's not going anywhere near me again."

He laughed in response and I was a little caught off guard by his sudden reaction. I didn't know what part of what I said was funny. I looked at him with utter confusion.

"It's so simple when you say it. You have no fucking clue what you're dealing with. Veronica isn't crazy she's fucking psychotic. This is all a game to her. A fucked up game." He raised his voice with anger. His face flashed a bright shade of red and I could see he was losing his temper. "When someone tells you not to get involved in something you fucking listen."

"What are you talking about, you're not making any sense." I said still confused at where he was going with this...

"She stalks you!" He blurred out. "She's obsessed with you and she fantasizes about you. That's the only reason why she ever shows up to your place every fucking day. To get close to you. She doesn't know anyone else in this fucking town but your family. I don't know why she does it but..." he stopped and stared at the wall. Momentarily he hit his fist hard against it and cursed under his breath.

"What do you mean why she does it? Are you saying.." I trailed off and thought about all the assumptions I made about her at that police station and calling her obsessed and manipulative was indeed something I was right about. There's more to Veronica than I don't know.

"You're like a challenge to her. She's out chasing you and thinks you'll end up falling in love with her and be with her and leave your whole life behind for her. It's her game of manipulation and terrorizing men. She's too delusional to see it but I do. Veronica isn't normal, she's not sane. She has no remorse for her actions and I have to end up cleaning up her shit every time and I'm sick and tired of it."

"So I'm like a target to her? But why me? Why am I so special?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're not." He bluntly said. "You fit into her category. "You and your wife both fit the category perfectly according to her. You guys are happy and too perfect. She likes to tare that apart."

"If she's in love with me, than why is she out to hurt me and ruin my life. I didn't do anything to her."

"You didn't do anything yet. That's why I'm in front of you right now. This is the second warning that I'm giving you. If you don't listen now you're going to end up like the last guy she's been with." He said. I gulped hesitant to ask him what happened to the last guy but a part of me told myself it's better not to know.

"This isn't going to end well with you Michael and you're already skating on thin ice. The police visits isn't going to help either. I'm a caring guy and I don't want anything to happen to innocent people like you and your wife."

"What happened to the last guy?" I asked.

"He was just like you....honest, handsome and generous. She ended up falling in love and developing feelings. She followed his every move. She studied him closely to figure out what his interest was and the type of person she needed to be to satisfy him. However he didn't want anything to do with her. He rejected her and she ended up...killing him." He finished with a long sigh. "She does this same pattern with every guy so you would assume what's next for you."

I speechless by his words and how everything was processing through my head at once. Veronica a killer? No...

She couldn't have possibly murdered someone before. She's not even capable of doing something like that, she doesn't even seem like the type to do so. Yeah I get the whole part of being insanely crazy and obsessed, that part seems like something she could be but a murder...that's completely absurd. She might be fucking crazy but a person has a conscience and I think everyone has their limits.

"Look I'm tired of cleaning her shit up every time I'm sick of letting her get away with stuff like that and putting me through a risk of getting framed or caught. That's why I'm warning you again, I don't want you to end up dead in some ditch with your pregnant wife buried next to you," he continued to speak. My head started spiraling at the moments and his words stared turning to clear visuals.

"Shut up!" I yelled. "You're lying! Your fucking lying to me." I held my head and closed my eyes. I began to rub my temples to calm me down. "You're just saying these things so I won't go near her again. You're just threatening me to scare me off or something. If that's what you want just say it don't go around saying fucked up shit like that to me!" I spat. I was now an inch away from his face with my hands both balled up into a fists. "She's crazy but she's not a...." I paused unable to finish my sentence.

"Forget it." I pushed past him, making my way to the door.

"Don't you at least want to see the pictures she takes of you." He called out before I had the chance to leave out the bathroom. I turned around to face him again and had several pictures of me held up. Each showing a distance telescope view of me going about my usual days.

One of me sitting by my desk at work.

Another of me jogging at the park.

Another one of me eating and swimming in the pool.

Another one of me showering fully naked in my own bathroom.

He kept on switching to one picture to another before he ended up on the last picture. It was a picture of me and it seemed like it was captured through the window of the bedroom in our house. Sierra laid underneath my arms and we were sleeping peacefully next to each other. Through the window you could see a clear reflection of a petite body figure with large lenses in the person's hand.

I quickly snatched the pictures away from him. Anger and confusion both hitting me at once. Without saying a word, I left the bathroom with the pictures and slammed the door behind me.

——————

I'm dropping hints about who's toxic in this story and i hope y'all are picking it up

VOTE OR COMMENT