New Love

Matty had finished his job here the other day after being signed so now the days dragged. I, however, was still here and currently making my way into the stockroom of the shop.

I pick up a new crate of vinyls and walk over to the stands ready for them to be displayed. I make my way across in alphabetical order, humming in tune to the song playing over the speakers whilst sliding the vinyls into the right place.

The bell above the front door chimes, signalling someone had just entered the shop. I look up and in the direction, spotting a girl who used to be in my year at school.

She spots me and walks over, stopping a few paces back from me. Her fingers quickly making their way to her short, blonde hair to tuck it behind her ear before speaking. "Hi, Bea isn't it?" She says softly.

"Yeah, hi Eleanor" I reply, smiling at her before going back to stacking.

"Oh you know my name, I didn't think you'd know who I was."

I frown "Why would I not know who you are? You're mad good on the piano by the way."

She smiles shyly at this "Thank you, m'just quiet and no one really paid attention to me in school. Anyway I'm looking for Demon Days on vinyl, do you sell it here?"

"Damon Albarn owns my heart so we 100% have it in stock. It'll be over here somewhere" I make my way towards the right section.

We spent a while just talking and catching up with life after 3 years of not being in school together. I didn't really speak to Eleanor in school because she was so reserved and I had 4 hoodlums to look after but I wish I had now.

"You still friends with Matty?" She asks curiously.

"We're actually together now" Eleanor laughs and murmurs "Finally" not so subtly under her breathe. So apparently literally everyone thought Matty and I were meant to date back in school. I'm so blind.

"Weren't there like 5 of you? A band or something?"

I hear the bell chime on the door for the first time in a while since Eleanor and I were literally the only ones in the shop apart from Blue who was in the back room.

"Yeah they were a band, still are. They just got signed actually funnily enough. Ross, Adam and Geor-" As if on queue I hear a ruckus at the front of the shop.

We make our way forward, I spot George picking up a large cardboard cutout that he'd crashed into and swearing in a frustrated tone.

Turning to Eleanor I speak "Speaking of the devil. Hi George."

He grins sheepishly at me "Nothin' to see here love."

Blue walks out from the back and takes in the scene "You may be a rockstar in the making but no vandalising my shop kid." I laugh as G salutes him in confirmation.

I notice that Eleanor had a slight pink to her cheeks now, she had also gone quieter focusing more on picking the loose thread on her jumper. My eyebrows raise in realisation, she liked George.

George notices the vinyl tucked into her left arm "Gorillaz? Sick"

She smiles "Yeah, I know it's a few years old but meant to buy it on vinyl and it sold out ages ago."

They both just stare at each other and I try to keep my laughter in, jesus christ this was painful. I cough and break the moment apart "You're home early giant" I direct at George.

He snaps back into reality "Matty was getting bossy and can't be dealin' today. I'm George" holding out his hand to Eleanor.

She takes it "Eleanor, we went to school together."

"Oh shit, sorry m'not very good with faces" He mumbles, clearly embarrassed he doesn't remember her. He looks at me and I roll my eyes at his excuse.

"Do you wanna get a drink sometime?" George asks Eleanor, her face turning deeper shades of red as he speaks.

"Uh yeah, yeah I mean why not?" She tried to play off coolly.

Blue rings up the till and wishes Eleanor a good day, as do I and George who now had El's number in his hand.

I wait for her to walk out the door "Very smooth Daniel" I pat his chest as I push myself up off the counter.

"She's cute, anyway real reason I'm here, Matty was buggin' the shit out of me and I needed a break. We think we've cracked the new instrumental for The City which is good. When d'ya finish?" George clicks his fingers in anticipation for my answer.

Blue speaks up from behind the counter "You and Matty are literally an old married couple. Bea, sweetheart you can finish now. Shops not busy and Patrick will be here soon."

"You sure?" I ask him.

He nods his head "You've been my best worker for years now, go enjoy yourself. I wanna hear some of this stuff by the way G."

I go to get my bag from the back and can hear George inviting Blue over sometime to the studio so he can hear some of the new music.

"You've always been our first fan, other than Sting and Matty fuckin' adores you, as do we all so you're welcome anytime Blue" George says as we go to leave.

a/n: i know this is like a filler chapter but I wanted George to finally find someone and he's a clumsy giant so i wanted to portray that. idk i hope u enjoy :'))