Robbers

"I don't think this is a good idea" I voice in concern, worried for George's safety. The boys had asked me to help shoot a music video for Robbers and I happily obliged.

We'd spent all day, mucking around in the fields. I recorded them candidly, half the time they weren't aware the camera was rolling which I think is the best kind of footage. It was 10:02pm now, pitch black outside and no one around for miles. Ross had suggested we shoot a live version, filming the boys in their element which led us to where we are now.

Matty wanted a 'cool' shot which to everyone's dismay involved all 5 of us lugging a drum kit along with 2 guitars and a bass, a microphone stand and the recording equipment down the road to the woods. Setting up everything, I practiced a few camera shots whilst Matty fiddled around with the mic stand, it looked a bit fucked in all honesty after Ross tripped over it and it broke.

I don't know how we had ended up in this scenario but planks of wood now piled up behind George's drum kit and Matty being Matty had suggested we set it on fire for effect. He ran back to his house before being given an answer to get petrol as the lads practiced and I flicked through the footage on the camera.

Dousing the wood in petrol, Ross chucked his lighter at Matty who sent it up in flames. The bonfire roared to life and was truly a sight but was burning very high at first. I turn to look at Hann who was face palming at the sight, quickly shouting out "Let's just get on with it before it gets to low."

I watch George sit back down on the stool, realising how close he was to the fire and not wanting him to hurt himself. "Maybe we could move G a bit away from the flames? Don't want him getting hurt" I suggest.

George laughs "M'alright Bea, a bit of fire is nothing" to which I sigh in defeat and yell "Action."

It is very clear they're in their element doing this, Jamie had been working at getting them signed but no luck as of yet. I knew something was bound to come around and this music video would do good for them.

The song comes to an end and George, Ross and Hann dart out of shot all of a sudden to my confusion which is soon answered when Matty throws his guitar into the bonfire.

"Okay Hendrix, that's a wrap!" I shout.

George runs up to me, throwing me over his shoulder in excitement, almost dropping the camera from my hands. Hann grabs the camera to which I thank him and goes back to helping Matty and Ross pack up the drum kit where Matty shouts "Oi giant, be careful with my girl."

I wake up at 6am the next morning, getting straight to finishing the editing the video for the boys. It took me a few hours to get it in the right order and to be happy with the overall finish, I got changed out of my pyjamas into the first thing thrown on my floor.

I grabbed my phone, texting everyone to come over and that the music video was done. Adam was first to arrive, settling on the sofa located in my kitchen and falling back to sleep complaining it was too early to be awake.

George was next to arrive, pushing straight past me to the kitchen and grabbing the pancake mix, waking up Hann in the process. Then Ross arrived, a quick kiss to the cheek as he joined Hann, curling into him.

I told George to sit down because I didn't want him burning down the kitchen. Going about making pancakes, whilst catching up with the 3 boys.

The front door opens and I hear quiet footsteps make their way to the kitchen, Matty yawning whilst scratching his curls. He greets everyone with a sleepy 'hello' before wrapping his arms around me whilst I dish up the breakfast.

The house echoes with our laughter and the scraping of cutlery against plates throughout the hours of 10am to 11am before Ross begs to see the music video.

We make our way up to my bedroom, everyone getting comfy whilst I get the video up, pressing play and being pulled into Matty's lap.

They chime in at parts that they like, laughing at George hanging upside from the tree branch. I take the time to study each one of their faces, seeing the excitement that they actually had a music video for this song.

All 4 of them cheered at the end of the video at the shot of Matty throwing his guitar into the fire, George reaching over to fist bump Matty.

"We're gonna have to start paying you soon" Hann jokes "Thank you Bea, it's sick." I nod in gratitude.

"Blue told me he'll play it over the speakers in the shop, Y'know he loves you all." I relay the message back to them that Blue had told me last time I was in work. For the past few years he'd passed on venue information, gigs and anything that could help promote the band, he was an asset to the band.

"Man, he's such a cool guy. You have the coolest boss" George replies.

I just smile and shrug my shoulders at this, getting up to take the disc out my computer and into the case I had designed for it. I handed it over to Hann, the others whining in unison "Why does he get it?" Ross questions in annoyance.

I pat his head and reply in a condescending tone to annoy him "'Cause he won't lose it, Sweetheart."

Matty hadn't spoke in a while, I walk over to him and sit next to him this time and click my fingers in front of him "Penny for your thoughts?" I ask, taking him out of his trance.

He smiles at me softly, "Jus' thinking about the future that's all. Music video is so good, so lucky to have you." He brings my hand up to his mouth and places a delicate kiss on my knuckles "Straight outta magazine aren't you."