The Beginning Of A Lifelong Friendship

The bell for lunch rang and I made my way out of class and into the hallways of school. I make my way to Matty and I's usual spot and wait for him to arrive. I unlocked my phone to see if there were any messages I'd missed whilst being in class when I felt a familiar arm make its way around my shoulder, pulling me into their side. Looking up to see Matty, I let him lead the way to the canteen.

As I bite into my apple, I notice a tall lanky brown haired boy walking towards us. I recognise him from the year above us, he stops in front of us and Matty shifts to sit up taking me with him as I was resting my head on his chest.

"Hi, Matthew isn't it?" He spoke up, a soft and calm tone to his voice.

Matty nodded "It's Matty if we're going to do it properly." he replies, I elbow him in the side and turn to the boy in front of us. "Sorry for him, you're Adam right?"

He smiles shyly at me "Yeah Adam Hann, I'm sorry I don't know your name?" he says holding his hand out to me to shake.

"Ok Hann, well I'm Bea. This is Matty but you already know that, what's up?" I say smiling up at him.

"I heard you play drums? I play guitar and was well- Do you wanna like, play drums in my band, maybe?" He speaks without taking a breath, Matty turns to me and raises his eyebrows in question. I nod at him in approval, this could be good for him and Adam seems like a nice lad.

"Yeah go on then, I have this shed thing in my garden that has my drums in we can use as a space if you want?" Matty says

Adam's eyes seemed to brighten at this "Yeah yeah that'd be good, thanks mate." He said

"Cool, well Bea and I are heading there after school so if you want to meet us at the gates at the end of the day then we can walk together?"

"Sounds good, is it alright if I bring my mate? He plays bass." Hann asked.

"Yeah, we'll see you then." Matty replied. Adam walked off back to his friends and I turned to face
Matty.

"A band? My Marty is going to be a rockstar?" I say while pretending to fan away my fake tears. He rolled his eyes at me and sarcastically clapped his hands at my performance.

"It'll be a laugh." he says whilst shrugging, "Plus I've been thinking about a band for awhile to do on the side."

The final bell rang at 15:00pm and I packed my bag ready to go home, Matty met me at the door and we walked towards the gates where we were meeting Adam and the mysterious bass player.

Matty decided it would be a good idea to try and climb the high metal fence that surrounded the car park just because he's annoying, he was startled as Adam approached us and shouted "Hey!" in a friendly manner. Matty lost his footing and fell straight to the ground, I gave him my hand to pull him up as he groaned in pain and dusted the residue off of himself.

We both looked up to see Adam stood there looking between a mixture of worried and confused and another tall boy who had jet black hair who looked like he was dying to laugh.

Adam cleared his throat and was quick to introducing his friend "This is Ross, he's my best mate and is also a sick bass player." he said gesturing towards Ross. "And Ross, this is Matty and Bea." I waved hello whilst Matty fist bumped him.

We start the walk back to our neighbourhood, all of us getting to know each other more seeing as we knew nothing about each other. Matty opens the front door to his house and we all walk in, him going to find whoever was home looking after his little brother.

I took Adam and Ross into the garden and to the cabin, opening the door and letting them in. Both of them looked around in amazement, before Adam speaks up "I thought he said this was a shed not a bloody cabin?" I looked at him and laughed "Init, it's been our place since we were little, he doesn't like to brag about it."

Matty soon comes creeping in, drinks in his hands for the four of us. "Make yourself at home lads" he said while handing out the beverages.

"I've got a spare guitar if you want to borrow it for today Adam, I think I might have a bass around here somewhere." He spoke whilst looking around. I get up off the sofa to go grab it, I had just tuned the bass yesterday so luckily knew where it was.

I hand it to Ross who smiled at me, I smiled back and sat back down next to him. "I really like your shoes." he said, looking down at my doc marten clad feet that I'd drawn on over the years. "Thanks, I got bored one day." I said.

Adam soon suggests they play a song together, they all take their places and jam around for a few hours before Adam and Ross have to head home.

As they left, Matty turned to me and fell down next to me on the sofa where I lay. He turned to me and let out a sigh, "What'd ya think?"

"I think you're good. You need a singer though, what about your friend Elliot? He sings doesn't he?" I ask

"Oh yeah El, he might be down. I'll ask him tomorrow at school."

I soon left to head back home after saying goodbye to the Healy's, walking across the road to my house.
I bumped into Atticus on the way up to my room, "Hey sting, good day at school?"

"Atti" I say nodding at him "It was alright. Met these boys called Adam and Ross who asked Matty to drum in their band so we've been over in the cabin with them." I reply, yawning into my hand at the end.

"Sick, I'll have to come over and hear them practice one time. I'm just about to make pizza if you want some? Mum and dad are out again so it's just us two tonight." He said, walking through to the kitchen to place a pizza in the oven. I nod in approval, going to put a film on in the living room.

We sat and ate our pizza together, I made Atticus watch Back To The Future again for the fiftieth time and we caught up with each other's lives. He's 3 years older than me, finished high school and in his first year of college so we have different schedules. We'd always been really close from the minute I was born and he took it upon himself (with the help of Matty) to be my personal protector.

Before I knew it I'd fallen asleep and was being gently shook back to consciousness. "As peaceful as you looked, I didn't want you getting a bad back. Night kiddo." Atticus said, walking with me upstairs as we separated going to our own bedrooms.

I went to close my curtains and spotted Matty sat at his desk, as if by coincidence he looked up at the same time and a grin overtook his face as he mimed a "goodnight" to me. I did it back and closed the curtains, quickly getting into my pyjamas and falling asleep.

a/n: hope you're enjoying so far :') btw "sting" is Bea's nickname from her brother and best friends. It's supposed to be like a bee sting, it's a pun lmao.
also they're like 13 / 14 in this chapter!