Dirty Hit

Matty had decided we needed to keep our annual tradition of buying a christmas tree for the cabin and that today would be the day we buy said tree. He called Ross, Hann and George who had just woken up but would be on his way over soon with the others.

It's December 1st, only 24 days until Christmas is what I am reminded by a very excited Louis who is sat next to me drinking his strawberry milk, kicking his feet along to the tune of Matty's acoustic guitar playing 'Sex' which I'd shaked my head at.

The peace is soon disturbed by 3 rowdy boys, or should I say men. George has on the biggest hat I've ever seen along with gloves, a scarf and a winter coat, I laugh at his appearance before awing at how cute he looked.

"Mum wouldn't let me leave the house without wrapping up, Y'know Mothers." He says, rolling his eyes whilst sitting down next to Louis, ruffling the little ones hair.

"George you're 19 not 9, take that bloody hat off, Av' already told you." Ross exclaims "He's already walked into 3 walls cause he can't see." he says whilst tugging the hat over G's eyes.

He whines, pushing Ross' hands away and turning to Matty "Tell em' Matty, be a good husband."

Matty snorts "You do look fuckin' ridiculous, now c'mon I wanna get my tree."

We all pile into my truck, I had made sure Louis was wrapped up warm so he didn't get ill and he rode shotgun up front with me. Matty, George, Ross and Hann all jumping into the back.

I had been saving up for a truck for years, I'd always dreamed of owning one and it was practical for when the boys had a gig and needed to shift equipment. Now it would be useful for holding the tree as well. There was enough room in the truck for everyone to sit in the warmth but they insisted every time on sitting in the back in the open air.

I could hear laughter in the back after a comment George made at Matty "Louis' only 8 and he's already stolen your girl."

"He's a Healy!"

It was an hour later now, we had finally found the perfect tree and were carrying it back to the truck. I had told them it was far too big for the cabin and that it wouldn't fit in the truck but Matty always has to think he's right. With a lot of reshuffling and wrestling, the tree was finally tied down to the bed of the truck.

We'd been back at the cabin for a while now, I was sipping at my hot chocolate taking a break from decorating to watch the scene unfold in front of me. Adam had Matty on his shoulders decorating the top half of the tree, Ross was tall enough to reach without assistance and Louis was on George's shoulders holding the star for on top. I picked up my camera to remember the moment.

Matty's phone rings and he asks me to answer for him since I was nearer. I noticed it's Jamie from the caller ID.

His voice is booming through the speaker before I can even tell him it's me.

"It's Bea."

"Oh hi Bea, are you all busy right now?" He questions.

"Just decorating the tree, you ok? Hold on let me pass you to pass Matty?" I shush the boys, waving my hand at them to silence them.

I hear Jamie reply "D'ya think you could come down to London? Short notice I know but got a christmas present and it arrived today for them!"

Matty comes over and I hand the phone over to him so he can arrange plans with Jamie.

"Yeah, uh yeah can do. Oh yeah- ok. So you'll be there? Alright." He says, scratching his head and yawning.

I can hear the faint tone of excitement radiating from Jamie down the line.

Hann comes over to me and asks what's going on. I shrug and whisper back "Something about a christmas present? Sounds quite exciting!"

The boys had all argued that I 'needed to be there with them' so I walked Louis across to my house and my mum was going to look after him.

It was roughly a 5 hour drive down to London because of traffic which now made the time 8pm, I followed the directions that Jamie had sent and looked out for the street name. Adam called from the back "We're here, that's the street round there." I look back to find him pointing towards a building.

I park the car and everyone hops out. We walk to the building, spotting Jamie standing near the entrance wearing for us. Matty took my hand as soon as I'd locked the truck and the others followed in tow.

"Apologies for calling you all here but it's worth it I promise."

p

"Well I called you all here to wish you a Merry Christmas and als-" George cuts across Jamie before he can finish his sentence.

"How didn't we know that you were friends with Ugo Ehiogo?"

Jamie tuts before continuing "Welcome to DirtyHit Records, your new home and record label." he says, hardly containing his excited grin.

The boys all froze "What?" Hann questions.

"Its been years of trying and record labels are clearly stupid for not signing you so we've started up our own. Brian, Ugo and I have been working it out for a few months now." Jamie reels off all this information.

Brian speaks up next "We'd like you to be our first signing. Of course there's all the legalities and stuff but this is your shot."

I can see by all 4 of their postures that they were 5 seconds away from collapsing, especially Matty and Hann.

"Your serious?" Matty's voice cracks in shock.

The two men nod in unison, "What d'ya say? The 1975 brand new signing to the latest record label DirtyHit Records. Got a ring to, I think!" Jamie says.

I couldn't help the tears that pooled in my eyes, George pulling them into a group hug as Matty crouched down to the floor and dragged his hands down his face in disbelief.

Matty reached over and pulled Jamie's head to him and kissed him "Thank you so fuckin' much, all of you."

Hann looks up from the hug and waves his hand in a beckoning motion to join them.

"That's my rockstars!" I whisper.

a/n: i'm fully aware that it's july, however although this is fiction i'm trying to stick to key dates which means this had to take place at christmas. thank you for sticking with this story x