"Oh. Interesting. Are we immortal?"

"Not necessarily. We can die, but not of old age or illness...just by supernatural beings."

"Which are?"

"Another time Bambi. We need to get down to Cherry. She's probably terrified..and suspicious of us. We've been up here for almost an hour."

"You're right. Can I have some clothes now?" I rub my hands up my arms feeling the goosebumps forming from there being no heat in the house..oh and I'm naked.

Shane goes through his closet blindly trying to figure out what shirts we can wear. "Do you have a light on you?"

"My cell phone..but it's completely soaked..I don't think it'll work."

"I've got mine. Good idea." I smile to myself as Shane flips on his phone flash light and searches through his closet with a little more light this time.

"Shane!!" I squeal as he flirtingly shines his phone at me trying to see me naked. He waggles his eyebrows and smirks while he turns his phone away from me. "Jerk."

"Relax. I've already seen you naked. Here try this on." I pull a cotton T-shirt about 3 sizes too big over my head and release a sigh at how warm it is.

"Perfect. You have another one for Cherry?" I feel a T-shirt hit my face and then laughter from Shane. "I'll take that as a yes.."

My mouth falls open at the sight I see when I turn into the living room. Shane smirks and shakes his head while I stand there mortified. Jason and Cherry lay on the couch in the middle of a very deep, passionate kiss. 

"Ahemm." I rudely interrupt their make out session. "I'm sorry, did I interrupt something." I cross my arms and stare at the two of them.

"Oh my gosh..Annie! I'm so sorry! It's just you and Shane..upstairs..it got dark..I didn't know what to do and then Jason knocked on the door-" Cherry is panicking and rambling on and on thinking I'm mad at her.

"Relax..I'm not mad." I had enough on my mind to worry about to care if my best friend dates my brother or not. It just isn't a top priority right now.

"Oh thankyou Annie!" Cherry embraces me in a tight hug and then I notice something...

"Cherry..where did you get the shirt?"

"It's Jason's." She giggles and I want to just throw up at the thought of someone actually dating the control freak I call my brother.

"So. What have you been doing. Annie." I hear Jason sit up on the couch.

"Uh-uh well-" Shane cuts me off trying to save me from the wrath of my brother.

"We were trying to pick something out to wear..and then the power went out. Annie started yelling at me because she was cold and I was taking too long to pick something out and then we started fighting."

"But we made up..now we're just friends."

*Shane's POV*

Just friends? That felt like a knife being driven through my heart. I definitely did not want to be 'just friends' with Annie. I want her to be my soul mate. If she's not my soul mate..I don't know what I'll do. I definitely can't let her get attached to anyone else so that there is less of a chance of her not being my soul mate.

I wish Cherry hadn't have come to my party..then me and Annie would have been stuck here alone..all alone. I would have taken advantage of every moment I had her against me! Her touch makes my whole body explode inside! It's like I get high off her touch. I want more..so much more of her.

I've started to notice that her scent makes my mouth salivate. Her bright eyes attract me like metal to a magnet. And her laugh..holy $hit her laugh makes my world go round. I don't think I can live a day without that smile or laugh of hers.

"I think I have some candles in the kitchen if we want to sit around them and play games or something."

"Yes! Oh my gosh great idea Shane! Let's play truth or dare!" Cherry gasps with excitement.

"Or 7 minutes in heaven.." Both Jason and I said in unison. I bite my lip and squint my eyes preparing to be hit..I know Jason knows I'm talking about playing 7 minutes in Heaven with Annie. I wait a good 30 seconds and I feel nothing.

"I'll go find a candle..."

*Annie POV*

"Annie. Do you like him still?" Jason seems like he is genuinely asking me..not accusing me or threatening me.

"I don't know..why?"

"Because..I was thinking about asking Cherry out. It wouldn't be...fair if I date your friend, but deny your relationship with..Shane." I hear him sigh loudly and know that this is definitely hard for him to say.

"Well then, yes I do. I like him a lot. But..you can't tell him that. I want him to fight for me..not think he has me. Especially since he's a douche bag."

"Wait, you really like him yet you think he's a douche bag?" Jason looks at me like I'm an idiot. "I don't understand your kind." He shakes his head.

"You'd be surprised what turns us on." I chuckle naughtily.

Jason scrunches his face up in disgust. "Okay- TMI little sis."

"New topic?" I giggle.

"Good idea." After 10 minutes of awkward silence.."Can you believe this storm?" The house shook as another boom of thunder threatened the sky.

"I know..it's pretty scary..and out of the blue."

"Alright I have the candle so what are we playing?" Shane sits to next to me and quietly kisses my cheek before lighting the candle. Just friends huh? I'll make sure to change that by the end of tonight..I won't let her go. I look at Shane's face under the candle light. His lips aren't moving at all, yet I heard him say something.

"Shane..did you say something?" I know I heard Shane's voice. I don't know how, but I did.

"No..you hearing things Annie? Do you miss me?" He leans towards me and rests his hand on mine.

"Definitely not." I roll my eyes.

"Ok so we playing truth or d-"

*sound of glass breaking*

"What was that?" Jason stands up defensively.

"I don't know. Wanna check it out?" Shane also stands up along with me and Cherry.

"Yea but should we bring them or no?" Jason gestures to me and Cherry.

"I am not being left here alone!" Cherry whispers terrified and grabs on to my arm.

"I'll be here with you Cherry." I remind her feeling completely forgotten about..thanks 'best friend.'

*Footsteps upstairs*

"A-" Cherry goes to scream but I throw my hand over her mouth so she doesn't make a sound.

"Ssshh. I'm going to remove my hand..but don't. make. a. sound." I whisper just loud enough for her to hear. Wait- I'm a vampire. Why am I scared? I could go up there and hand this guy's ass right to him!

"Annie, Cherry. Come hide in this closet and lock it. Me and Jason will go look around. Don't open it unless we tell you to." Shane ushers me and Cherry into the closet, "Annie, no matter what you hear..stay in here." Shane captures my lips in his and then shuts the closet. What does he mean 'no matter what I hear'? They won't seriously fight this person..they could get killed! All sorts of ideas rush through my head and I have half a mind to leave the closet and look for them. Power is in numbers...but I mainly want to be with Shane if he's in danger. And I'm a vampire right? Don't I have like awesome powers or something? I could be an amazing fighter like a ninja! What if the person who broke in is a vampire...$hit.

"Annie...I'm scared.."

"I know cherry..me too."

*Author's note****

Feeling accomplished! Another chapter edited! woohoo!