Chapter 75 - Epilogue

April's POV

8 months later

Dropping my hands from behind my back, I knocked on the door. After a few moments, it opened, revealing Antonio.

"Antonio," I grinned. "You don't look a day over 50."

Opening his arms, he hugged me. "I appreciate that, April. But I might dye my hair back to brown – make me feel youthful again." He brushed his hand over his peppered hair self-consciously. I smiled again and returned his hug – it didn't feel as awkward anymore considering I looked towards him as a father-figure now.

As we walked inside, I craned my neck upwards, examining the planetary phenomena's decorating the ceiling; my eyes caught glimpses of detail so intricate, I had missed them whilst examining them countless times before. I was at Antonio's house – the one where the major pack meetings happened – for Antonio's belated 50th.

"Am I the last one here?"

"Most of us are here already. Carlos has just gone to buy some more wine – you know how I like my Chateau Petrus – I think Daniel and the boys wanted vodka though," he scowled.

We approached the French doors, lace curtains fluttering in the wind. I shut my eyes and savoured the fresh air. I'd only finished up my packing before coming here – I was going to England for the summer. As soon as I stepped out into the garden, my eyes riveted to the one face that seemed to be etched into my memory; a tattoo on my brain. Aiden Knight.

He hadn't noticed me yet, his attention on a conversation between him, Diego, Nina and Emma. I saw a glass in his hands, but it was filled with coke rather than alcohol, thank god. Antonio had been amazing about Aiden's recovery, going as far as removing all alcohol from the house - I think his sons definitely had more respect for him now that his fatherly instincts were less hidden beneath his Alpha status. My eyes traced his features, right from the sharp angle of his nose, to the way the sunlight reflected into his eyes, to his now neatly-cut hair. University had served him well – his mind was wondrous. I'd never known he was so clever – he tended to hide it with his cockiness.

A sharp tap on my shoulder made me jump out of my trance. Beau glared down at me. "God, April, if you're going to stare, at least be conspicuous about it, woman!"

"You idiot, Beau. How have you been. I've missed you!"

He shook his head. "I'm great. College is great. Barbara's great. And I've missed you too munchkin. Who do I annoy when you're not here?"

Firstly, I scowled and punched him lightly. Then, I grinned. "I see you're still in the honeymoon phase."

"No. I'm just –" he sighed, leaning back on his heels so he was facing the sunlight and opened his arms out like they were wings. "I'm happy."

"Oh, and congratulations on the upcoming graduation, Little A."

Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I replied. "I only just finished exams. Hopefully I've done enough to pass. God knows it's long overdue." My eyes scanned the yard again – well, I was only really waiting for Aiden to stop talking and look up – when a flash of blonde caught my eye.

"Is that – is that Daniel? Who is that – there, next to him?" I pointed with my finger.

Beau nodded proudly. "Danny boy found a mate."

A small, excited squeal – well, more of a snort – escaped my lips. "Ah!" I clasped my hands together. "When? And why didn't he ring me?"

But I understood his predicament – everyone had been so busy – Emma and Carlos were working, the rest of the gang were all in colleges or travelling. Everyone was all grown up now.