Chapter 57

April's POV

"Oh come on." I chastised, glaring at the door between us.

The door creaked open, and Aiden stood there, rubbing his eyes wearily. I groaned and shook my head in exasperation. "Seriously, does being on time mean nothing to you?"

He squinted through his early morning hazy vision. My eyes were instantly drawn to his Luna Mater tattoo on his ribcage, the intricacy of it, the way the flicked lettering swam into one another. An emblem of perfection, I thought to myself. "Stop staring at my body." Aiden crossed his arms over his chest and pretended to shy away, his voice going ridiculously high.

I tore my eyes away and looked away quickly. "Put a shirt on."

"No."

"Why not?" I exploded. "First, you're late waking up and then you don't even want to get dressed."

"Because I fail to see why we even have to go to that pack meeting. I mean, whose even going to notice if any of us turn up at all."

"I appreciate your cynicism. But time is of the essence." I say dryly, glancing at my imaginary watch. Then, my eyes widened at what he had just said. Pack meeting? "You told me we were going to meet your dad. Not go to a pack meeting!"

"Correction, we are going to meet my dad. At a pack meeting. Alongside like, 100 other people."

I felt myself wither and shrivel and dry up inside. I slumped against the wall, dejected. "You can't seriously be telling me this now. 100 people..." I whispered to myself.

"You'll be fine. I mean, honestly, what's the worst that can happen? You faint, puke up on yourself, trip up?" He waved it off with his hand. Thanks for making me feel better. "All of us will be there: Diego, Beau, Nina. You know, the lot. There's no need to be nervous; we don't bite. Much."

He winked at me and stepped forward so quickly that he was in the corridor with me, my back pressed against the wall, his body pressed against mine. I didn't even care that he had just woken up, he still somehow smelt amazing.

"W-what are you doing?" I managed to breathe shakily.

"Making you shut up for a bit."

"Aiden," I warned, my voice more of a soft sigh as his arms caged me, his sweet lips grazing my ear. My eyes flickered shut at the sensation before he nipped at it gently with his teeth. I gasped, my eyes flying open at how strangely good that felt. He teased me a little more, targeting all of my weak spots - my neck, my hair, my lips - making me sigh in pleasure and shut up for a while.

Then, he suddenly stopped and my eyes flew open. I felt like I was pouting as he grinned down at me - why did he stop? I didn't want him to stop, I thought, annoyed. "Now if you'll excuse me, we have a meeting to get to. Time is of the essence." Aiden mimicked, his sudden mood change startling.

"Screw you, Aiden." I grumbled.

"Ha, in your dreams Evans." The dirtiness of his comment dawned on me a few moments later and as soon as the door shut, I pounded on it, yelling all kinds of colourful insults. I just heard his laugh and the run of water and gave up, resorting to giving the door a death glare instead.

I dragged my feet downstairs, glowering, before I reached the gang. "What's up, little A?" Beau noticed my sulk and grinned as he leaned back into Barbara.

I shot him a look and complained."I didn't know we were going to a pack meeting. I thought we were just going to see Antonio!"

After 5 seconds of silence, raucous laughter erupted, and between fits of laughter, I heard simultaneous chortles of: "You – can't – serious – really – poor – thing." Those were the only words I managed to pick up out of the laughter.