And yes, I know that does not make any sense what so ever...

But my over thinking brain thinks otherwise.

Are we on that basis where we walk up and talk to each other like we've known each other for years?

Or is it simply just that acknowledge each other's presence and say a few words?

I know this is something that people would find weird of me thinking, but like I said...

I have friends, but it is hard for me to make close ones.

I struggle with telling people how I feel because of my past and that often creates a barrier that prevents me from being close to them.

Although I feel like I can really trust Damien, he is sweet, kindhearted, and even shared one of his own struggles with me, it kinda scares me to think about the barrier that I created for myself.

So regarding Liam, I do want to tell him everything that happened, and I probably will... just when things are more clear and easier to explain.

But, I may leave some parts out. For example, what Damien told me when he drove me back to my house.

How he still felt like the shy kid he was a year ago.

I really hope my words helped him, even if they weren't much, I hope he thinks about it and becomes more confident in himself.

"Yeah that makes sense, if I was as busy as you, I would probably be sleeping all the time." Liam laughs to himself.

"Well my work hours are nothing compared to your practice schedule. My dad has you guys working out and practicing almost everyday! I don't think I would last a day if I was put into your shoes."

"But thanks to you," He sings while bumping my shoulder, "We now have our two star players back."

"I told you, it was really nothing." I whine, trying to stop him from praising me over something that feels like happened so long ago, even if it was only yesterday.

"Nothing my ass! I didn't think you had it in you."

"Hey! What is that supposed to mean?!"

"It means you never lie! You have like... a heart of gold or something," he then holds his heart and smiles, "Aww my baby is all grown up!"

I shake my head at his words, but I feel myself smiling as I remember the events.

I guess he's right, in some sort of way.

Lying straight to the principals face?

I would have never thought in a million years that I would have the guts to do it.

But it's not like I did it for a bad reason...

I did it to help out the team, bad actions for a good cause.

And plus, if I didn't, Liam wouldn't be so happy and confident as he is now, so for his sake, I could never regret it.

Suddenly, the doors to the room fly open, as we look up to see Luke and Damien, followed by a few of their friends, walk in.

I usually tend to struggle with remembering names, so I lean towards Liam and ask who was who with him.

"From left to right, Gianna, Ella, Ally."

"Is Ally that girl from lunch who was part of that who fight thing with that guy?"

"Yeah, the one where Tessa got Luke and Damien in trouble." I nod my head in understanding, but then turn my attention to another girl walking in.

"And that's Julie right? I think I talked to her once in the lunch line, she's nice." I say as he nods his head.

"Yeah she is, and I like her because she doesn't like Tessa."

I giggle as I look at him, "Almost everyone in the entire school doesn't like Tessa..."

"And that's why a lot of people in this school have my respect." I laugh at his toothy grin before turning my head towards Damien, who was digging through his bag for something while the others were surrounding him.

It's weird because no matter what he does, he was incredibly good looking doing it-...

"And here we go again..." I snap my head towards Liam as he grins at me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You."

"Me?"

"For falling...."

"Falling...?"

"Falling hopelessly in love with Damien." I scoff at his words, even though my blush was not supporting my case at all.

"It's just... I-...."

"Yeah I know, you find him cute, but you need to talk to him! Stop hiding in your shell like a crab."

I fake gasp at his words, "Who? Me? Never."

I almost laugh as he lets out an annoyed sigh, "You are exhausting, you know that?"

"Mhhhm..." I draw out as he laughs and jokingly shoves me.

Again, I did talk to Damien, but like I said, when things are more clear, I will tell Liam for sure.

Looking back at Damien, I couldn't help but sigh at the memories that happened only yesterday.

Aside from my silly crush on him, he was actually really fun to be around.

All that time yesterday when he was generously helping me out with kids to introducing me to his sister...

All the jokes, conversations, teasing, and games that played out in the matter of a few hours made me happy.

Although I guess me and him can get kinda shy when we are around each other, I guess that is just our natural personalities...

I can say that once I got to know him more, he really does have that amazing personality that almost anyone could fall in love with.

Last night, I was thinking about his sister, and even though I had so many questions, I wondered if I would get the chance to see her again.

I guess I can only hope.

Hey guys!!

If you are not catching up with "Short Stories" you definitely should!!!!

With each short story I write, I hope to expand your love for all of the characters.

Love you!!

~juls