episode 25: bae sooyoung

Start bij het begin

But destiny played such a cruel trick on him.

💎

"Knock knock."

Yoongi looked up from his desk only to see Lisa peeking from the door. She was beaming.

"Hey Li," he said as he finishes signing some papers. "What's up—"

He was cut off when Nayeon followed her. She snitched.

"Traitor," he mumbled at his girlfriend who clasped her hands together and said sorry.

"Ya, Namjoon oppa's like a brother to me too," Lisa said as she sat on the couch. "I'm allowed to know if he's doing okay or not."

He surrendered and sighed before walking towards his girlfriend to give her a quick kiss on the forehead.

"So Namjoon oppa's having sleep problems?"

"Yeah but he says he's just been addicted to that game of yours you asked his team to look into," he stated making the younger girl furrow her brows.

"What game?"

Yoongi and Nayeon turn to each other.

"I told you he was lying, Yoongi," Nayeon said with her arms folded. "He's really having trouble sleeping. Either that or he's having nightmares."

"Wait, this happened before?" Lisa asked.

Nayeon nodded. "I know it's not my place but, I'm worried about Joon. I only experienced this once when Yoongi and I started to date. But it seems like it's happening again. But this time, it's almost happening every night."

"He might be stressed about work," Yoongi suddenly said. "I mean, since the company's experiencing some hardships, I think that's triggering his insomnia."

"Insomnia is not being able to sleep, Yoongi. Not having nightmares," Lisa commented. "But if it is insomnia, he should get some prescription. I know a doctor."

"Hey babe," Nayeon suddenly said. "Did Namjoon ever encounter any traumatic events? I mean, did something traumatic happen to him or anyone close to him?"

Yoongi stiffened. Lisa noticed this making her squint her eyes at her former flame. He averted his gaze and turned to his girlfriend instead.

"I'm not sure," he said dodging the question thrown at him. "We didn't grow up together so I'm not quite sure."

Namjoon and Yoongi are half-brothers. Their family was quite complicated since both of them were products of their mother's affairs with different married men. One of them being Mr. Choi. Yoongi grew up with his grandmother in the countryside before moving to the city for college while Namjoon grew up with their mother who was still meeting secretly with Mr. Choi until her untimely death. They only found out about each other's existence during her funeral.

"Yoongi--"

Nayeon was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. Yoongi's secretary peaked out.

"Miss Im? Mr. Kim called and he wanted to discuss something regarding the upcoming release of the new flagships..."

Nayeon let out a sigh before standing up. But before she could leave, she turned to Lisa.