Chapter 13: Chance

BeastBoy walked into the tower with blue and tan shopping bags in his hand.
He went to the common room.
He went to the roof.
He even went to the bathrooms.
That left one place, Raven's room. He slowly knocked on the door.
"Hey it's me." He said softly. "Care to open up?"
The door cracked slightly. "Yes?" A mellowed voice said from the shadows. Raven kept her hood on to hide the redness in her cheeks. Even though she doesn't act like it, she has always wished BeastBoy would come knocking on her door more often. They had been growing closer in the last month, so it had happened more often but each time was never enough for her. She wanted something more. Something different. She wanted him to come in and spend time with her, and that was something she never wanted with anyone because as Cyborg reminds everyone. No one goes in Ravens Room.
"Can I come in?" BeastBoy said with a grin. "I have a surprise for you."
Raven stood back as the door slid all the way open, leaving way for the changeling to walk on in. As the door closed behind him he turned back around to face a beautiful girl, hidden away by the dark shadows of her cloak. He walked over to her bed and sat down, motioning for her to follow.
"Here these are for you." He held out the bags with a loose grip. "I went shopping with Starfire today and well, I thought maybe they would look nice on you." He rubbed the back of his neck while smiling.
Raven pulled several items out of the bag but one thing caught her eye the most. A long black sleeved shirt with slits in the upper arm on the side.
Her smile grew to be as big as the T-Ship.
"I love this!" She exclaimed. "Thank you so much. How did you know?" She asked
"Starfire helped me and with both of us put together we attempted to shop for you." He said. "I hope we did a good job."
She threw her arms around his neck. "You did more than a good job, it was great." Raven loved it. "This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."
BeastBoy reached for his back pocket.
"I wouldn't be so sure about that just yet." He pulled out the box Starfire had given him earlier.
"Something to top it off." He said as he opened the box for her.
"Beast boy it's beautiful." She said astounded. No one had ever done anything for her, much less get her a necklace.
"You're beautiful Rae." He said. She looked at him. "Did you just?"
"Yea I did... I'm sorry if that made you feel weird but..." he said a little embarrassed. He didn't want to rush into things but for him the timing was right. He just hoped it was the same for her. "No, BeastBoy there's something I've been wanting to tell you. It's just, I've always been taught to hide my emotions and I'm just nervous that it will go against everything I've ever learned." She said shyly.
"You'll never know if you don't try." He said quietly putting his hand on top of hers.
"Raven I wanted to ask you out on a date. Officially. Just you and me." BeastBoy said.
Raven looked at him in shock.
His face became saddened.
"Yes! I would love to go on a date with you Beastboy. I just didn't think you would want to date someone like me." His ears perked up. She said yes! But what was that last thing about. "What does that even mean Rae, your talented and beautiful, and the strongest woman I've ever met." He said softly.
"I'm not the happiest girl, I'm not the easiest to handle either. I don't do things that most guys like about girls. I'm not into make up or hair or nails, I don't care about the normal things. I'm just... weird." She sighed.
"Don't you ever say your weird. Your unique, that makes you who you are. That makes you Raven. My Raven." He said with a smile.
"Get dressed, I'll be back around 6 to take you out." With that he turned into a fly and buzzed out through the vents.
Raven held the box with the necklace in it. She could feel the heat running to her face. She had never wished for something so hard in her life, and now... her wish is finally being granted. She got the one thing she had always wanted. A chance with BeastBoy.