||18.||

•||Ch18: We Can Try||•

||Mishal POV||

My brother stood in front of me, beside my parents and stared at me with a shocking look but there were many emotions in his eyes; happiness, excitement, and guilt.

"Mishu..," He whispered, happily and emotionally.

I felt a small single tear escaped from my eyes but none of us moved. It was like the time was stopped and it also forced us to stop in our positions.

"Do you know each other?"

Amma bi's voice pulled me out of my shocking yet surprising state. I looked away from Numan and noticed his father in law was looking confused while pa was staring at me in disbelief and ma was at the verge of tears. Slowly, Zayaan put his warm hand on my back which was making my heart pleased to know he was there for me. I turned to look at amma bi who was standing beside me with her friend, bride's grandma.

"She is...," Pa tried to speak but he didn't know how to complete this sentence because he never called me his daughter.

"My sister," Numan completed the sentence and stepped forward with a big and warm smile.

Everyone around us stilled except Zayaan, Numan and me. I felt Zayaan's shaking in anger which made me a little scared because I didn't want him to create any scene here, on the big day of my brother.

I put my hand on his arm in fear and looked up at him. His eyes quickly moved down on me and he relaxed a little by seeing the fear in my eyes. I shook my head shortly and slowly and mouthed 'please don't'. Zayaan pulled me with him and made me to sit down.

After helping me to sit down, he stood straight and turned to look at everyone with a sharp look.

"We will talk about it later," He spoke in anger and fisted his hands.

I looked at my parents slowly and saw ma tried to take a step near but pa grabbed her wrist quickly. I noticed the tears in ma eyes and a want to hug me. I bit my quivering lips and slowly looked down before my own tears started to flow.

"He is right. We will talk about it later. And specially you, Mr. Ahwab Shah," Amma bi said, sternly and firmly with a nod.

Pa's eyes were blazing with fire but he nodded his head. I noticed from the corner of my eyes he pulled ma roughly with him. I looked at Numan who was smiling softly at me then he went back to his bride.

"I will be back," The bride's father said, quickly and disappeared in the crowed.

Amma bi's friend, who was also bride's grandma, also went behind his son. Amma bi quickly sat beside me and held me hand gently.

"Are you OK, dear? If not, we can always leave," She said in concern and put her hand on my cheek gently.

"No, amma bi, I am fine. I just want to see my mother," I told her and my eyes moved to search my ma who I couldn't find.