||1.||

•||Ch1: Wedding||•

||Mishal POV||

I looked at my reflection in the mirror but didn't look into my own eyes. How could I look into my own eyes when I felt disgust from myself. The dress which I wore was beautiful but I wanted someone who was worthy to wear it but I guessed fate didn't like it.

I knew I was ruining someone else life but what could I do when he himself wanted to marry me. The dress was so heavy for me to carry but I had no say in all this.

This all felt so real but in reality it was all fake

This all felt so real but in reality it was all fake. This marriage was like contract or a compromise. It was not a real wedding but for the world it was real.

I sighed and looked down at the bangles which my mother in law made me wear. She was such a beautiful person by heart and was really happy about her son wedding. I didn't have any heart to ruin her happiness after all this was all happening for her.

“Ma shaa Allah! Look at you! You are look like an angel. Surely, my son will not gonna take his eyes away from you today,” My mother in law said with a smile, standing in front of me.

I tried to smile and looked away. She grabbed my hand and slowly took me out of the room.

“You know what? I and Danial thought that Zayaan was a gay because whenever we said him to get married, he always denied. But now he proved us wrong that our is not a gay,” She said with a laugh.

“Finally I am going to see my son getting married to a beautiful woman. I just you one thing, dear. And that is the happiness of my son. Please always try to make him happy.” She added and pleaded in the end.

“I promise you aunty. I always put Zayaan’s happiness first,” I said her because I had to keep him happy after what he did for me. I was under his debt after all.

Aunty stopped and hugged me which made me tensed but I quickly relaxed in her motherly hug. She rubbed my back and kissed my forehead.

“Thank you, dear. And one more request, call me mom.”

I gave her small smile and she started walking. Some girls also came and helped me carrying my heavy dress.

“Wow! You are looking so beautiful!” One of them complimented me and everyone agreed.

“After all she is Zayaan choice,” Mom said proudly which made everyone giggled at my red face.

They took me in the beautifully decorated living hall where few people were gathered. I looked down at my hands which were on my lap and tried to control my heavy breaths. I was getting nervous second by second.

Suddenly, everyone became silent and footsteps of someone was the only noise which echoed in the hall. Someone sat beside me which made me tensed a little.

Imam asked me,

“In the presence of everyone I ask you Mishal Shah,

Do you accept Zayaan Khan as your husband?”

That was it, now there was no go back. My breath hitched and I tried to exhale.

He asked again,

“Do you Mishal Shah accept Zayaan Khan as your husband?”

I tried to open my mouth but my mind was not helping me. It was all like my mind took me in my past which I wanted to forget.

A hand was placed on my hands which snapped me out of my past. I looked up and saw it was mom. She gave me small smile but her eyes held hesitation. I knew I was making everyone wait.

“I do!”

I finally said it thrice. I felt my heart beating more faster. Mom kissed my cheeks and congrats me.

“In the presence of everyone I ask you Zayaan Khan,

Do you Zayaan Khan accept Mishal Shah as your wife?”

“I do!”

He repeated it three times. Unlike me, he didn't make anyone wait for their answer. Everyone congrats us one by one. Suddenly, I felt suffocation and it was getting hard for me to breath.

“Are you fine?” Mom asked putting her hand on my cheeks.

I nodded my head but felt lightheaded and dizziness. She didn't seem to be believe me.

“Mom. She is not fine. Let her rest,” Zayaan said to mom.

I didn't look at him because I was scared to look at him. Why? I didn't know the reason. Maybe because I was in his debt.

Mom took me in the room and helped me with my dress as I sat on the bed.

“Dear, you are looking pale,” Mom said looking at me.

“I will be OK after a little rest, mom.”

She smiled and said, “Have rest because you lots of energy tonight for walimah and for midnight.”

I looked at her with wide eyes and tensed thinking about last word. I felt my face getting heat up. She giggled at my face and went out of the room.

I released my breath which I was hold. I relaxed myself by telling nothing would happen in the night because this was a type of contract marriage.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the headboard. I didn't know when darkness took me.

I quickly opened my eyes when I felt someone touching my feet. I sat straight and saw Zayaan removing my heels which I forgot to remove.

“What are you doing?” I asked him as I was getting tensed and moved my feet from his hold.

“Removing your heels. Seems like you forget to remove it. It will cause pain you pain,” He said and started removing it again.

After removing them he placed a tray in front of me. It's smell made my stomach growled.

“Finish it then change into comfortable dress and have rest before beauticians came,” He said and went out of the room.

I looked at the closed door then at the tray in front of me. I put my hand on my stomach and closed my eyes. Few tears left from my eyes but I quickly wiped them. I started eating and was again lost in memories of my past.

. . . . . . . . .

Assalam-o-Alaikum! Hi!

How is the first chapter? Like it or not?

If you like this chapter, consider giving it a vote.

Take care.
Till next time.

Allah Hafiz! Bye!