||4.||

•||Ch4: Expecting||•

||Mishal POV||

“Congrats! You are expecting a baby,” She said with a smile.

I was feeling uncomfortable when she said I was expecting. My eyes were getting wet. She put her hand on my shoulder which made me jump.

“There is no need to be scared,” She said smiling at me.

How could I not scared? I was very scared. She gave me water and I gladly drank it. She was beaming at me while my minds was exploring everywhere.

She told me to take complete rest and not worry then went out of my room. When she went out closing the door on her way I closed my eyes and cried on why it was happening with me.

An hour later my phone started ringing. I picked my phone and saw it was mom.

.........

“How is my daughter doing?” She asked me after greeting.

There was happiness and excitement in her voice.

.........

“I am doing fine!” I said in little voice above than whisper.

.........

“I sent the doctor to check on you. Oh my God! I can't tell you how much happy I am feeling right now. I am going to be grandma of Zayaan’s baby. You are going to be a mother and he is going to be a father. Congrats, dear!”

.........

I was shocked after hearing it. Zayaan didn't send the doctor. She did. What I was going to do now? She wasn't supposed to know right now.

“Th- thank you!” I whispered, lowly.

.........

She went on about what would she do now. And what would she do after the birth of the baby.

• • •

I was scared to the death as Zayaan was driving the cast very fast. He hadn't talk to me properly since he came back late night and told me to go back to Lahore with him.

He must be angry because now his parents knew I was expecting. I was scolding and blaming myself for that day. For that horrorful night.

I didn't know when the car came to halt but the door of the car opened and I was pulled out of it. I realized we reached at our destination.

I looked up at the owner of the hand and saw Zayaan was looking at me with an emotionless eyes. I quickly looked down and breathed slowly.

“My children! You both are back!” I looked up at the voice of his mom.

She was coming our way with his dad right behind her. The smile on her face was not leaving. She reached us and pulled both of us in a warm and welcome hug.

“I am so happy for both of you!” She said slowly pulling away.

“Mom, please take her inside. I have some work I will be back,” Zayaan said.

His voice neither happy nor sad or upset Instead it was cold. Mom looked at him and frowned at him. Before she opened her mouth he walked away.

Mom pulled her lips in a pout and glared at his back. Then she turned to me. Her lips curled up in a soft smile which made her smile back.

“He is an idiot and fool. Leave him. I will scold him later,” She mumbled like a kid.

She was so soft like a kid and could be hard woman to handle when needed.

“Come inside!”

She pulled me inside with her. She forced me to sit down on the couch and disappeared in through the door which led to the kitchen.

“Ma'am! You are back!” I heard Rouza behind me.

I turned my head and looked behind. Rauza came forward to me with a smile.

“Congrats, ma'am!” She said once she stood in front of me.

I looked at her in confusion but when she pointed at my stomach I understood. I looked at her with a fake smile.

Mom came out of the kitchen with a big glass of fresh juice. She handed me glass with a stern look. I had to take it from her and stared at the glass.

“Stop staring at it. Finish it,” She said with a fake glare.

I looked at her then back at the glass. I quickly gulped it down in a second. I wiped my lips with the tissue. She took the glass from me and handed it to Rauza. Then she turned to me with a grin.

“Now you have to take this juice daily,” She said then look at Rauza.

I wanted to groan but inside I was feeling happy to know someone cared about me. But I couldn't help and felt guilty to give her the happiness which was someone else burden.

“Mom, can I take rest?” I asked her, nicely.

She was giving Rauza instruction but stopped. She looked at me and nodded.

“You just come back and here I make you sit. Silly me. Go and have rest, dear,” She said smiling, sheepishly.

I smiled back at her and stood up.

“Oh! I make Zayaan’s room tidy and clean for you. Though it was already clean but there was little dust in his room. And also put your clothes in his closet,” Mom informed me.

I looked at her in confusion because I didn't understand why she made his room clean for me.

“Why for me?” I asked like an idiot.

“Silly, you are his wife. His room is also yours,” She said with amuse and giggled.

I nodded my head looking down. How could I forget that for everyone we lived like a happy couple. I went to his room. I opened the door of his room and entered.

Last time when his mother came here when Zayaan was away, she questioned me why my clothes were in guest room. I had to lie to her that time. I told her that time there wasn't space in his closet.

I looked around his room and sat on the bed. They all were so nice and welcomed me. And here I was doing wrong with them.

Zayaan deserved better than me, a girl who was pure and not broken like me. A girl who was not a sinner.

His mother deserved a daughter in law who gave her true happiness, the one who not put them in darkness.

. . . . . . . . .

Assalam-o-Alaikum! Hi!

How is the chapter?

If you like this chapter, consider giving it a vote.✨

Take care.
Till next time.

Allah Hafiz! Bye!