Winter Formal | 38

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry!"  I bowed and apologized before looking up to see who it was.  It was Jungkook, holding hands with Ji Woo.  He looked stunning.  He had his hair styled up so you could see his forehead, and he was wearing what looked to be a custom fit suit.

'He looks so good in black.'   

"Y/N, you should be more careful," Taehyung said, pulling me back.  "You could've fallen onto the floor."

"No it's fine V hyung, she's not even heavy."  Jungkook let out his cute laugh and wrapped his hand around Ji Woo's waist.  "Anyways, we'll be heading off then."  Before leaving, Ji Woo made sure to glare at me.  Taehyung pretended not to notice, but he did.

"Are you okay?"  Taehyung asked me worridly.

"Y-yeah I'm okay TaeTae."  Even though I said I was fine, I was worried on the inside.

'There's no way Ji Woo would try something here right?  It's too risky.  Jungkook will be with her all night and I'm with Taehyung.  Stop worrying too much!'   I put on a fake smile and wrapped my arm around Taehyung's arm.

"Let's go get food," I shouted enthusiastically.  Taehyung looked at me weirdly, but I brushed it off and continued to grab multiple plates.  "Here you go," I said, as I shoved some utensils at his chest.

"You're that excited for food?"

"What do you mean that  excited for food.  Food is everything, like if you don't get this excited, I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore TaeTae," I said seriously.

Taehyung chuckled, but helped me in grabbing spoonfuls of food and dumping it on my plate.

"Wow, get some for you too Gucci boy."  He had piled so much food onto my plate that I couldn't even walk without it tumbling over.

"You need to eat more than I do.  Don't diet again."  His face was clouded with care and worry.

"You knew?"

"Of course I knew I see you everyday!"

"Well, it was something I wanted too so don't feel bad.  I'm more confident with going to crowded places now."  I smiled at him and started moving some of my food onto his plate.

"We'll both eat up today TaeTae."  He just nodded at me and helped carry some of my plates.  We ate for awhile, talking and laughing with each other.

"Wait, stay here Y/N," Taehyung said, standing up from his seat.  "I'll go grab us some drinks."

"Ahh okay, thanks TaeTae!"  After a couple seconds, he disappeared into the crowd.  After seeing him leave, I proceeded to finish eating my dessert.

"You just don't listen, do you?"  I wanted to roll my eyes at the sound of the voice.  

"I didn't do anything today, what's your problem?"  I didn't even spare a glance at her.

"What's my  problem?  What's your problem and lurking around other people's boyfriends?" Ji Woo basically spat on my face.

"I'm friends with your boyfriend.  Only friends.  Now excuse me, I need to finish eating."  I was fed up with what she had to say now.

"You're such a pig!"  That's all I heard before I felt something wet seep into my clothes.  When I looked down in horror, I found a growing red stain on my dress.  She had splashed her fruit punch onto my clothes.

"Why do you have to do this?"  I wanted to cry.  The dress had cost a lot and I didn't want to ruin this special night.  I took along time preparing for everything and to see all my effort go down the drain pulled my heartstrings.

"Because-"  That's all she managed to say before Taehyung and  Jungkook came over.

"What happened Y/N?"  Jungkook asked.  'He must've gone to the restroom for Ji Woo to do this to me.'   I looked at Taehyung, and I could see the anger boiling in his eyes.  Ji Woo was smirking at me.  I knew I couldn't reveal the truth right here.

Sighing, I just said, "Nothing.  Nothing happened.  I spilled it on myself."  I pretended to laugh it off.  

"Aish, you're always so clumsy with things," Jungkook said shaking his head.

"Ha ha, yeah I am.  You guys can go dance now, I'll clean this up by myself."  I smiled at him and shooed the both of them to leave.

Once Jungkook was out of earshot, Taehyung furiously whispered, "It was Ji Woo wasn't it?  It was her!"

"I-it wasn't TaeTae, I really spilled it on myself."  

"You're really bad at lying don't you know that?"

"W-what?  It's true though," I said defensively.

"I left to go get our drinks, you didn't have any drinks beforehand.  Also, Ji Woo was holding an empty glass in her hand when I came over," he said sternly.

'How could you forget that Y/N?  You idiot!'   "Okay so maybe I was lying and she did spill it on me.  Just don't tell Jungkook," I pleaded.  I was already hiding everything, hiding this incident wouldn't make a difference.  If this is what I'd have to go through to protect him, I'll do it.

"How long are you planning to hid this?"

"Until graduation, after I leave high school, I'll be free anyway.  Until then TaeTae, please don't tell him!"  I clapped my hands together, begging Taehyung.

He sighed and closed his eyes.  "Fine," he huffed out annoyed.

"You're the best TaeTae!"  I hugged him tight forgetting about the stain still on my dress.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"  'What's with me and getting other people's clothes dirty?'   I unlatched myself from him in an instant.

"It's fine Y/N, calm your horses!  How about we ditch this place and go to a fast food place instead?"

"Can we?"

"They're not forcing us to stay here.  We'd both be more comfortable without all this anyway."

"Well, okay.  I agree, let's leave this place."  He grabbed my hand and we both exited the building.

That night ended with Taehyung and I eating until we burst and watching movies together.  Best winter formal ever!

To be Continued...