27

.

When I got back to the couch with the rest of them, Dewn was there sitting lazily beside Reeds and Etha. A part of her hair fell to her face. I sat beside Samantha. My brows furrowed at seeing Dewn with what could only be her boyfriend's jacket draped around her. What? I didn't do anything wrong! She avoided my gaze.

My cheeks got tinge of red, Did I need to apologize or what? There was literally nothing wrong, nothing!

"I don't think I could ever get tired of drinking water more than vodka." Samantha said pertaining to their conversation before I even got here.

Reeds smirked, leaning her head on her sister's shoulder. "I'm glad that's working for you."

"Yeah, it was hard at first but hell yeah! This bitch had overcome it." Samantha yelled, nudging me on the rib.

When no one was paying attention, I leaned in and asked her, "What are you guys talking about?" Samantha's eyes darted to me.

"I had a drinking problem during my senior year." she explained, grinning sheepishly like it was nothing to her.

If Samantha didn't tell me, I would've never guessed it. There probably was something darker that hovered onto her life. People were like that, appearances could always deceive you and the sad thing was even actions. Like Dewn for example, like her unfathomable ways. I glanced at Dewn and met her eyes, I looked away biting a cheek inside.

"Hey!" Izzy greeted holding hands with Clarkson, they soon joined in and we engaged into a stupid meaningless conversations but they were hilarious. Some of the Lowers' cousins were funny. And while it was happening, I kind of noticed how Dewn's cup was still completely untouched. Maybe she wasn't a fan of alcohol.

Somebody from the boys whistled. All heads from the circled couch turned to their direction. A guy who looked like in his twenties was whispering something to Chase's ear. Chase's cheeks flushed as his eyes landed on mine. The guy nodded and finally turned to look at me too. He looked like a vogue model with red hair and clean shaven face. The guy waved at us or maybe at me...

"Hey, Clea!" so he knew my name already? I see. "Can you please sit here and join our boy Chaser!" all of them cheered, some even put their cups in the air. My heart hammered against my chest, I hated drawing the crowds' attention.

A blonde blue eyed guy who looked a bit like Chase tapped him on the shoulder,
"Yeah, come on Clea! Hear what our boy will say." This time the cheering echoed throughout the second floor despite the pumping of the music beat, some Goldens and Lowers who weren't joining our group started turning heads toward us.

Chase could only show his perfect smile at me, it wouldn't hurt right!? I mean, Chase was a friend. My eyes roamed around and saw Izzy watching me with a stern look as if she didn't want to approve any of this, the girls were shockingly grinning and then I took a quick glance at Dewn and saw her impassive  expression except her brows, they were furrowed. Ugh. What was this feeling? Like I was feeling a bit of guilt, whatever!

I stood from my seat and the boys rattled Chase from his position, Clarkson was shouting Chase's name until the other guys followed. Even Fala and Arriane were chanting his name. Slowly, I made my way to them and the boys who were beside Chase scooted away giving the empty space for me and Chase. I sat beside him and then the cheering went louder again, even the people outside our group I noticed were joining the teasing game.

Chase beamed at me, his eyes sparkling. I couldn't help but laugh, "What?"

"Nothing," Chase answered.