11

The first view of the building inside already made my stomach turned into turmoil. The smell wasn't pleasant either, it was a total dumpsite for dead rats. I clung onto Chase while the flashlight in his hand scanned the place. The building was paved with signs and messages written onto its walls, decaying tables were scattered, empty bottle of beers and other unidentified junks. I tried my best to ignore my surroundings but Etha wouldn't stop pointing at something whenever their flashlight landed onto something strange.

"Oh my god! I-is that a piece of a human skin? Oh no! Is that blood dripping over there? Oh my god! Guys, we're all going to die, I could just feel it tonight." she was clinging onto Dewn's shoulder while the girl stayed calm by her side.

Izzy would stare at me and Chase from time to time to tease me but I'd just gave her a  look until she decided I was no fun, so she dropped it off.

So the teams were set for tonight:

Me and Chase were going together.

Fala and Izzy would be an ideal pair for it.

Arriane and Reeds because they were both fearless.

Etha and Dewn because they had no other resort.

Thirty seconds into walking and it's a miracle that there wasn't any jumpscare or  humans in costume to scare the hell out of us instead in front of us were three set of stairs all ascending up to the second floor. I guessed this was the start of the game. Chase and I took the stairs between the first and the third, Etha and Dewn then followed while the other groups took the other options.

"We're not allies you know, " Chase cleared.

Dewn smirked, "No, I just took this route since I heard from Reeds that this was the scariest amongst all of them," Etha shook Dewn's arm, "What!? Let's go back!"

But they still kept walking along as we pivoted to the left,

"Gaah!" some guy in white clothing popped  right in front of us.

"Aaaaah--" Dewn quickly covered Etha's mouth. The girl shivered. Poor girl. The jumpscare wasn't that scary though, maybe because this wasn't the scariest part yet.

The ghost man slowly disappeared into a room and I made a heavy sigh while Chase rubbed my back to soothe me. I gave him a small smile eventhough my vision in the dark was poor.

"We should just leave," I heard Etha whisper.

Dewn pointed their flashlight on a ceiling full of cobwebs, "Not a chance,"

"What the hell Dewn? We can hang out with your boyfriend and my pals on a date! Let's just backaway now, for real." Etha mused.

"No reason to convince a selfish person," Chase butted in, I gave him a small pinch in the arm, it will probably ignite another fight.

I just realized how Chase and I were getting really close, almost like bestfriends... To be honest, I couldn't see him more as that now but maybe. . . in the future?

A man covered in blood appeared and reappeared again standing in a dark hallway, Dewn had to tackle Etha to the wall to stop her from running away because she was already panicking, Chase and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I forfeit! We forfeit! Somebody help us!" she pleaded.

"Shut up! I wanna win this thing and for heaven's sake, I'm going to actually cover up your mouth with a dirty cloth that I'll found in here if you do not stop whining like a kid." Dewn warned, still holding Etha in place who was facing the wall, shivering.