2

CHAPTER 2

Mom had a tendency to be dominated by her hysteria and before she knew it, everything around her would turn into a blur. She's not a psycho, she just wanted to discipline me in the most possible way, even though I was eighteen already. Because there was only me, mom and Marshall. Our father was of another lifetime, he cannot be named. He's almost as nonexistent as my boobs.

I didn't want my Mom to throw me out of the only home I have. So I got to my feet, stumbled my way to the bathroom, the words Golden and Lowers ringing in my ears. Was I ready? To face my bestfriends from the past? The last time I saw them was in second grade. I hadn't seen how they bloom from innocence to maturity.

I tapped on the shower and welcome the drops of water cascading down my body. I directed my face to the shower head then I gazed upward, squeezing my eyes shut. Suddenly, I was seven, holding Dewn's hand. We were far beyond our friends sight because we sneaked out of our afternoon nap from the mansion, she wanted to buy us an ice cream. I whole heartedly agreed because duh, my teeth was begging for sweets.

We were running hand in hand, I had to take on a lot of effort to catch up to her pumping legs. My hand outstretching for her reach. She was taller, I would need to look up to take a good view of her.

Dewn's brown eyes flickered down at me, a lopsided grin on her pretty face, "Don't tell anyone, okay?" she was so dreamy.

I nodded. Dewn's smile was only for me to see. Fala and the other girls would tease her about how impassive she looked all the time. I felt special for the girl's fragile state was something I was free to see.

After our ice cream sessions, we scurried discreetly up to the mansion. We were both bombarded by questions from the four girls who were curious about our departure from our routine of afternoon napping.

Fala stood, pacing back and forth.
"Where the hell were you?" she scowled.

Involuntarily my hand locked with Dewn's. I was the youngest, they were all about the same age. Dewn and I sank down the chairs across from their prying eyes, she told me not to tell anyone, so I chose to keep my mouth shut.

Etha smirked, "Psh, they've gone to Daniels to stalk him again."

"No, we didn't." I growled.

Daniels was this cute ten year old kid that for some reason everyone fancied. They were enthralled by his presence everytime and I thought that Dewn too was feeling the same. Except me, I didn't want Daniels or any other boy around me and Dewn for that matter.

"You prawn eater!" Reeds squeaked, snatching the pillow from her bed.

Dewn ducked, so did I. The pillow missed us almost by inch.

"Clea, we're in this together okay?" Dewn gesticulated under the chairs where we tried to squeeze ourselves, our reveled faces were evidence of a childhood dilemma.

"Four versus two, doofuses!"

"Guys! Stop, Mom's gonna barge in here." Fala rasped between giggles.

I gave Dewn a sheepish smile.

Everyone was scurrying to find another pillow to grab and toss, it was a pillow afternoon fight.

I shook the reverie away and made my way down the kitchen with Mom conquering the whole place like a madman. My bestfriend Izzy was standing next to the stove, watching Mom in awe.

"I don't understand why I have to go there? This is so unbelievable Mom! I don't even know these rich people." I complained.

The Lowers and the Golden were the Forest Dream's pride and honor, they were locals here who started a business from everywhere around the world. They were business partners who had tons of connections.