15

Everyone messaged me at the group chat which was created by Arriane.

Arriane: @Clea, lunch will be at the Goldens.

Etha:  Uncle Jem is back at the mansion.

Fala: Chase will be fetching you.

I replied: Uncle Jem?

Reeds: Grandpa.

Fala: Everyone will be there.

I received a text from Chase afterwards saying he'll be here at ten minutes. I told him to slow down because I needed to dress up first. I wasn't stupid to know that the people there were classy and elegant than I could ever be.

Mom was frying eggs and bacon when I emerged at the kitchen. Marshall was spreading butter on his sandwich. Weird taste.

I pulled a seat, "Good morning my two precious babies."

"You're wearing a dress, Clay. Something's up?" my brother asked.

"I was invited for a lunch at the Goldens."

Mom stopped slicing whatever was on the chopping board, her attention was all on me, "I heard Jemerine is back at the Golden's mansion, Is  that the reason why you're invited?"

I helped myself on a toast and milk, "Yep."

"Well, I'm happy that you're enjoying your summer, I was a bit nervous you'd stay sulky in these corners." Mom laughed.

"Chase will come to fetch me, I'm just going to text you when I get there. Probably will be back by ten."

Marshall's eyes gleamed, "Mom can I go for a sleepover at Randy's?"

"And leave me alone here? Huh? Is that what a kid does to his mother?"

Marshall and I shot a knowing look, "Oh come on!" we ran to hug our mother and told her she looked beautiful today.

It wasn't time for lunch yet when we arrived at the mansion. A few cars were parked inside. My stomach felt lighter, I haven't had the chance go talk to some of these people for years. Chase assured me that they were friendly and that I was in good hands too. A small group of people had gathered at the entrance.

The girls were all present except Dewn, they were about four people with them whom I have never seen before. They were probably Reeds and Dewn's cousin.

"Aww! Our baby." Fala pulled me in for a tight hug.

"We missed you yesterday." Arriane added.

"Glad you came." Reeds came and pinched me on the cheek.

It was uncanny how she almost looked like her sister except that Dewn had that playful look while Reeds blended with the snobbed type. Dewn was snobbed but she's just prettier, I guess in my eyes.

"Pretty!" Etha piped in, wrapping her arms around me.

Chase began introducing me to his cousins. They all looked like models, even the kids were cute. I wanted to ask Dewn but thought better of it. I wanted to ask her about the letter too.

I was having a pretty good conversation with Serenity, another Golden when someone poked me at the back, I was stunned when I rotated.

"Mrs. Golden?"

Dewn's mother pulled me in for a hug. Her face had traces of aging, there were a few wrinkles that I haven't recognized before but still she was a stunning woman just like her daughters. My memory of her mom wasn't totally bad but it wasn't that good either. She never wanted Dewn to roam around the streets of Forest Dream. She yelled at us once when we attempted to escape from the mansion.