6

6.

"Why the hell are you sandwhiching Clea over there Sammy? Come here and take your seat. That's Clea's." Reeds, her sister demanded.

Even Chase was becoming agitated, he was the first one to protest but I gave him a look and that shut him up. It felt so uneasy feeling Dewn's skin in mine. Our shoulders were bumping together from being too close. I was too anxious to ask her on why she chose to sit here with me. And why the hell was I feeling shy? It made me think how I was never really like this to somebody else, I wasn't normally like this to everyone, just one particular person. Just her.

I fixed my gaze on Chase and he was still clearly pissed at Dewn.

"Summer, you can sit here with me! I don't stink." Etha joked from the back.

Dewn took a deep breath and because we were so close together it felt like my movement had synced with hers.

"I did this on purpose, I'm not stupid." she replied.

Did that mean she wanted to sit with me in the first place?

Chase's face was of a hot flaming tomato. It was a mystery to me as to why Chase had this certain hatred towards the girl. They probably had history together in the past, that I didn't know about.

What happened during Dewn's teenage years? I wondered.

Chase butted in, "I don't know what you're trying to do but Clea looks so uncomfortable. Give her space, goddammit."

"STOP THE CAR!" Dewn screamed.

I jumped in surprise since I was the one who was nearest to her. I felt my ears bleeding. She clearly lost her serenity.

The car screeched to a halt, "Stop your nonsense Dewn!" Chase rasped.

It was the first time I heard someone call her that name.

Dewn bolted out of the car and went straight to Chase's driver seat but since it was locked she couldn't get in. Her fingers drummed on the car window, he rolled it down.

My eyes widened when Dewn slid her hands inside the window and grabbed him by the collar, Chase's startled face was evident. "Look at me in the eyes you head shit!" she dared.

"Guys, we're not here to fight!" Arriane reminded.

"I don't want to hear you addressing me in that name again or I'll fucking rip your head off and I swear to god, you're not gonna see the light again," Chase was silent. "Your Dad works at my brother's company, I can easily bankrupt your parents!" she shoved him back.

Dewn recoiled and went inside the backseat where the girls were. My hands were shaking at the intesifying tension roaming in the air. My eyes remained at the front.

"What in the fuck are you waiting for asshat? Start the car." Dewn complained.

Chase half-heartedly turned on the engine.

Minutes into the drive and everyone was silent. Our trip together was jinxed. I suddenly remembered what Chase had said about Dewn that she was a rebel and thinking about what happend earlier made me conclude that it was somehow true.

Someone cleared their throat at the back, "We actually have a lot of spots to go, there's the Halcyon Sands, the Cambridge bulding and our old elementary school." Arriane's voice boomed.

"Man, I just want to pee." Etha remarked.

"Pee at your pants then," Reeds replied.

"Summer is sleeping again, remind why she even joined us? " Fala noticed.