8

8.

"I-I don't understand," I croaked. I could feel my feet turning into jelly.

Dewn faced the mirror and started fixing her hair, to her everything was normal. She wasn't fazed or anything, so why was I feeling this non normalcy.

"Me neither. Somethings are hard to comprehend, the thing is you don't have to go though a process to even grasp the very root cause of it. I do not define my thoughts as mine. Just deal with me, please," she swiveled, arms crossing over her chest.

What was she even talking about?

She jammed her hand to her pocket and took a cigarette out, she handed it to me.

I declined,"I do not smoke." I preteneded to fix my hair at the awkwardness, "Y-You smoke?"

"Yeah, I'm going to go outside this place to smoke." she slowly turned her back to me and headed out the door.

A harsh breath escaped my lips.

When I came back to the table, they were talking about Chase and me, I guessed it was Izzy who started the whole thing. They were in the middle of asking personal questions about Chase's lovelife.

"I only ever dated one girl and I already moved on a long ass time ago," he answered.

Izzy's eyes sparkled, "Oh! Tell us the time you stalked Clea."

I turned to Izzy and scowled, where did our friendship go? What the---

Chase flipped his hair to the side and bit his lip, "Uhm, I didn't know that Clarkson knew someone who looks like a model," his eyes darted to Iz, "Sorry Iz but it's not you."

Everyone snickered. Izzy playfully reached for Chase arm to punch him.

He continued, "So, I found her snapchat and then slowly found her on insta and then facebook," he raised his palm, "I swear, I scrolled all the way down and scanned everything all day, just to get a glimpse of her life."

The girls 'awwed'. Eww, what a creep. That's actually really creepy. What was so cute about it? But then again I actually remembered checking Dewn's social media accounts last night too. I shook the thought away.

"You're still not going to have it easy," Reeds butted in.

Chase gesticulated, "Come on, you're my cousin, you got to at least take my side."

"You're my cousin but is also an ass so you need to prove yourself first." Reeds spat.

"My god, what a primitive soul you are. You and your sister, ugh." he said in disgust, "Still not going to give up though,"

Etha chugged her milk, when she finished she didn't even bother wiping her milky lips and said, "whether you'll prove to us how much of a douchebag you really are... Or not, the thing that matters to us more is our little sister, Clea."

I blushed. Chase leaned forward at the table, "Time to prove your asses wrong,"

Arriane raised a brow, she had been scrolling through her phone, "Where did Sammy go?"

Fala shrugged, "Who knows..."

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "She was in the restroom with me but she told me she's going to smoke."

"Okay." Arriane uttered.

Izzy raised a hand, "Can I say something?" she was slowly getting comfortable around them while I on the other still felt a bit secluded inside my head.