10

10.

My memory of a ten year old Daniel Alec was that he was an only child and that he came from a family of politics. His Aunts, Uncles and even grand, grandparents were in a family of politics. For example, his Mom was the ex-Mayor of Forest Dream and now his father was the Governor of the whole state. When Highschool came he was sent to another city to pursue his music career. He had a band and I was pretty sure eveyone in our town knew him, you'd be an outsider if you didn't know Daniel.

Back then, the girls, even Dewn had had an unhealthy obsession over him.

And now, as I was standing right in front of all of them. I could see the connection they had tied together with him and whatever was that connection. . . It had something to do with Dewn.

Dewn broke the hug, leveled her gaze to Daniel and then her pink lips slowly broke into a grin. There was a slight pinch at my heart from seeing the sight because It's been so long since I saw that beautiful smile, It felt like I was seeing a glimpse of the girl that I used to know.

"When did you get here?" she asked, still looping her arms around his neck.

"Last night, I came to see you here cause I know you're always beside the Lowers." he chuckled and planted a quick kiss on top of her forehead.

Etha shoved them both playfully making them fall back to the couch laughing, "Cute but stop blocking my way, and what are you guys waiting for? Sit, doggies, sit."

Everyone started settling down after the laughter had died down, we sank onto the couch. I sat between Chase and Izzy.

They were in the middle of talking about their plans in the future. Building casinos in a large city, trying exotic asian food and sky diving on every part of the world. Even Izzy was becoming comfortable which wasn't a surprise anymore since she was getting friendly with the girls too. Dewn and Daniel were so close to each other, it almost felt like they were going for each other's faces. Daniel was about to nibble on Dewn's ear when I stood up, raised my arm to excuse myself to go to the bathroom because the truth was I needed to get some air.

The hallways were coastclear, I marched to it quietly and let myself took in the family portraits of the Lowers on the brown walls, some of their pictures included the Goldens, even Mom which wasn't a surprise since she too was close to Mr. and Mrs. Lowers back then. I walked a few steps more until their loud voices died down in my ears. There was music though, and I had no clue where it was coming from, it was very familiar, I brisked walk to follow the sound but it looked like I was getting nowhere.

After a minute of wishful thinking, I figured that the sound was coming from my left side so I turned to the direction and pumped my legs harder, I was sure I was almost there. . . And then the music got louder as my eyes found a door from the side ajar, it was the only door that was open, the others were shut and looked empty with people. My heart skipped a beat, who was playing that song? How did they know that song?

I slipped inside the tightness of the ajar door and found a face staring back at me.

"Samantha? You know that song?" she was standing beside a massive collection of vinyl records, swanked on a large shelf.

"Yeah! I love Beach House, especially this record." she replied. I had never found a Beach House fan until now, my bestfriend couldn't understand my obsession with the band.

Whoever owned this room was probably a musician or someone who just really, really loved music. Because the room wasn't also full of vinyl records, it was like a studio. Full of instrumental equipments. There were two strat guitars, drums, piano and synths.