19

Izzy wasn't happy about me staying on the lounges alone, she wanted me to join the girls on the pool. But something about Chase or... Nevermind, seeing me... I mean my body, made me feel conscious. In the end, Izzy succumbed to the warmness of the pool. She later joined the girls and I was left sitting on my own not too far from where they were.

Fala and Arriane waved when they spotted me sitting alone, Etha jerked her head to my direction and then shouted, "Show us that hot body baby!"

I just waved at them in return. As the night went deeper, the breeze on the place became even more windy but the place stayed nonchalant as it was. The boys were still bickering to each other.

My eyes returned to the girls, I could hear them laughing about something. And then... Eventhough it was far out of sight, I could feel those pair of orbs staring at me. Dewn was dipped down on the water, her eyes on my direction. I took a deep breathe.

Then all of a sudden, she called my name, "Clea," My heart hammered against my chest. "Come here!" she shouted.

What did she possibly want from me? I rose to my seat and headed near to the pool. When I was close enough and could actually see their faces clearer, I noticed that none of the girls seemed to notice me walk to them. They were all busy laughing about something to pay attention. Dewn swam near until she was inches close to my foot.

"Sit," she said. When she figured that I wasn't moving enough, Soon, her finger came in contact to my ankle and that made me feel this weird electricity, I sank down without thinking, dipping my legs to the water.

"W-what do you want?"

"Were you scared about that weird guy earlier?" she asked, drips of water falling from her pale face.

I shook my head, "No, I could've handled Orange Brown easily without you, but thanks anyways,"

I was trying my best not meet her stare but my eyes caught the puzzled look she had on, "Oranging Brown?"

"That's his name."

Dewn inhaled, making me observed the broadness of her shoulders, "You should stay away from those kind of creeps from now on, don't be too nice. I don't want to worry myself about you,"

My mouth fell open at her words, she quickly turned around and went to joined the girls.

"Hey, gorgeous," a familiar voice spoke next to me.

I looked to my left side, "Chase," his smile could really light up the dark. His cheeks were crimson, strands of hair sticking out everywhere, probably because he was a bit drunk. He sat next to me.

"Sorry, I didn't bother you for a while. I wanted you to enjoy this time," he spoke.

"You know your presence is a welcome distraction right?" I appeased.

There was quick glint in his eyes, "Stop making me feel things, Clea." his palm traveled to his chest, "There's just so much I can take."

I chuckled and reached for his hair to fix the mess. "I'm just telling the truth."

Someone squealed and we both turned to the wheezing sound, seeing all of the girls and the boys watching us with silly smiles on their faces.

Izzy splash some water in our direction, "Oh my god! You two stop being so cute, I'm gonna die."

I rolled my eyes, even Etha was wiggling her brows in delight. Seriously? Why did this feel so normal? I couldn't even feel anything. Whenever I was with Chase it felt like any other feeling I had with friends.