13

...

𝐀/𝐍:  𝐈 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐘𝐚𝐲.

We were still running, every step was starting to get hurt. We needed to stop but Dewn was too eager to get away from Chase. He was just in sight earlier but now he was gone. I just realized how selfish my action was when Dewn and I ducked and hid ourselves behind a car parked on the street.

I saw Chase on the other street looking from left to right, he looked so worried. He ran off to another street until he was out of sight.

My breath came in short as I sat and leaned my head on a car. Dewn was also catching her breath, panting.

What just happened!? Shit. I should've gone back to Chase.

"Don't worry...  I will let him know of our location later. Just give me a moment." she reminded.

It was still hard to breath so I just nodded.

"I don't want him to get worried."

"He won't."

When we regained our strength, Dewn and I started walking again but there was no hand to hold anymore. There was just the busyness of the town in the evening.

Dewn shoved her hands inside her jacket, "Since when did you started watching anime?"

My eyes widened, so she was paying attention to my answers the whole time? I was secretly glad and hopeful that she was initiating a conversation with me.

"S-since you left and then I met my bestfriend Izzy," I startled.

She nodded and all the hopes that I felt vanished like a puff in the air. She became cocooned again and just kept to herself. We continued to walk but I was honestly super tired and I didn't wanna tell her that because it seemed like walking for her wasn't an inconvenience. She probably work out a lot since her body was lean and perfect. Ugh. Perve.

"Summer? Why did you take me away from Chase?" I asked.

Dewn shook her head, "Dewn," she corrected. "And do not flatter yourself, I just wanted to get some fresh air, and I wanted to annoy Chase so bad."

"Why are you guys always fighting?"

Dewn halted and gave me a look, "Bleh, bleh, bleh. You ask too many questions."

My cheeks felt hot, "Sorry."

She hastened her steps, "Walk faster, we're going to the park."

I did what she told me and continued to trudge the sidewalks in silence. The park was just at the center of the town. It was always full of kids especially at summer. I had no idea why she wanted to go there but I wanted us to have a conversation nonetheless.

We reached the park, after some minutes and upon seeing it, everything about it. . . brought nostalgia to me. There was the two of us petting a dog jogging with a man, us setting paper plates at the picnic table, us making out fathomable shapes on the afternoon sky, us waving each other goodbye...

There were a few kids running and playing and stumbling, the sound of their giggles echoed throughout the heart of town. It was dark already but the whole town was lit with colorful lights and everyone was present outside.

We were once like them too, we were happy together.

Dewn and I stopped underneath a large tree sprinkled with the rays of bright lights.