17

.

"I've never seen someone grimace while eating ice cream."

She laughed but I just glared at her in return, licking my ice cream. We ended up at the table inside Wyatt and the mouse. We couldn't just leave a clueless Barry.

"Why can't you just give it back?"

She still hasn't given it back to me. And I hated how she would smirk like she knew I wanted to keep that picture. The reason why I didn't wanna give it to her was partly because I wanted to wipe that smug off of her face and partly because it's a picture of us. . .

"I miss this flavor so much," she muttered under her breath, completely changing the topic.

Why did I ever think about putting that stupid picture in my wallet in the first place? I always knew she was nosy, she never really changed.

"Aren't you really going to take it back?" I asked again while we were outside Wyatt and the mouse, and I was on the verge of screaming at her since I was planning to go back home as soon as possible but instead she left me with another dilemma. The picture.

She snorted, "I told you, it's mine now. It's really funny, how you removed his face,"

It looked like I was already losing the battle, I started to turn my back and walked towards the direction of my house. Her laughter echoed around, following me even as I was inside my room. Ugh. She was becoming even more annoying.

After five days of not meeting the girls, Reeds finally messaged everyone about the trip that we were goingnto. I couldn't believe my eyes when she texted us that we were going to Halcyon Sands, which was one of the best resorts in Forest Dream. It was owned by Daniel's parents. So he'll most likely be there too. Halcyon Sands would be an hour away from home so it'd be an hour of gazing outside the car window.

The thing that I was looking forward for this trip too was the fact that Clarkson finally would have his free time to join us. Izzy would be very glad to have a free trip with her boyfriend.

Night before the trip, I tried explaining to Mom that we were going to stay there for three days. She gave me skeptical look but dropped the gaze off after I convinced her that Izzy and Clarkson would be there. Mom only had Marshall and me, so I wasn't really bothered by her being over protective sometimes. I packed a few things, all the necessities and prepared my bag beside the door inside my room.

When the day came, Izzy, Clarkson and I strutted outside seeing a van parked in front of my house. Chase rolled down the window, he was grinning from ear to ear, telling me that I looked beautiful. It turned out that Daniel and his sister, along with Samantha were going to join our trip and they had already gotten there before us.

What even strange, was how Dewn was inside the car when she should've been there already, since her boyfriend probably lived there. I didn't try to look at her direction when I took the frontseat beside Chase. I wasn't that mad at her anymore but remembering about the picture that she stole from me it made me feel embarrassed still.

Izzy and Clarkson took the back seat, just in front of Dewn. She was alone at the back, back seat or whatever it's called.

Chase started the engine and then we were off to Halcyon Sands.

"Izzy, can I just say that your boyfriend is so cute." Arriane stated.

Clarkson chuckled at the back,

"Really? I always thought he looked like a younger version of Macaulay Culkin, you know his not so clean era minus the blonde?" Izzy joked.

"What? But you told me I look like a young River Phoenix?" Clarkson retorted.