28

.

Tears were streaming down my face as I left Dewn back there. Didn't I just got her back? Why was this happening again? It was as if my heart had ripped open in half. I kept running, dashing to go back to the party.

Suddenly someone grabbed my arm while I was fleeing. Izzy. She gave me a look of concern at seeing my state.
"What's wrong?" she asked.

I leaned to her neck and hid my face there. Her arms around me tightened.
"Oh, god. Clea, we should head you back home."

There were no words coming out of my mouth, so I just responded by nodding.

"Iz, please don't tell Chase."

Her hand kept soothing my back, "I won't tell anyone whatever is that, Clea." she broke the hug, "Wait here, I'll go back inside to tell Chase that I'll drive you home, I'll go and borrow his car."

I forced a smile, "Thank you, Iz. You're a lifesaver."

She turned her back and disappeared inside, when she came back after five minutes, the  key dangling in her hand.

She gave me a toothy grin then scrunched her nose afterwards, "Chase wanted to take you home so bad but I refused and told him that it's your choice." Izzy winked.

We were nearing my house when Izzy started to open her mouth for the first time, because we were quiet the whole ride.
My eyes were dry now but my heart said otherwise.

"This is about her, I just know it." she started.

I shifted from my seat and shook my head. Izzy just smirked, "No one can give you that kind of impact and I know who can,"

My eyes started to shut, "Y-yes."

Izzy stole a quick glance at me, "I'm not even gonna ask but you need to also understand that she's with someone already."

My fists clenched, fuck. I wanted to bang my fist against the window. "We are nothing Izzy. Nothing." I said.

"Good, because I don't want you to get hurt so bad." she said nonchalantly.

But nothing could ever hurt more than this and I was slowly learning why...

The next morning came and my thoughts from previous happenings were washed away with hopes of another day. I didn't even get the chance to stretch my arms and legs when my phone beeped. My eyes squinted at the morning light coming from the window. I took my phone from the bedside table and checked the time first then the message. God, I was a bit drunk from last night but it's six in the morning. There were two messages, one was with Chase and the next was Reeds.

Chase:

Goodmorning :)

I replied.

Reeds:

Good morning Clay-Clay. Arriane and I cooked and baked goodies, you should come over here for breakfast. Now.

Another message from her again.

My parents and  relatives aren't home, don't worry. If you haven't had taken your shower yet, you can shower here too. You don't even have to bring your extra clothes. Dewn can lend you clothes for the meantime.

My eyes widened, why was this making me feel embarrassed? God. But that's free food, so who was I to decline? I hurried to the bathroom and took a quick shower, also did other stuff.