Chapter Six

WARNING!!!!

This chapter contains self-harm scenes and may not be suitable for some viewers.
If the topic of self-harm or suicide makes you feel uneasy, don't read this chapter.
It will be explained in the next chapter.

Elsa locked herself in Hiccup's bathroom, crying silently to herself.

She hadn't felt this lost since the day Anna died. Everything just started to fall apart that day.

That's when she had nobody to turn to. Nobody who cared. She thought she had Kristoff, but that soon changed when he started to feel the same way. He only chose a different coping mechanism than she did.

She took a good look at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were bloodshot red, puffy, and it seemed like the once vibrant blue had faded from her eyes for they now looked grey.

She wanted nothing more than to scream, but she couldn't because Hiccup was just a hallway away.

She took a deep breath and began to frantically search for something sharp in Hiccup's bathroom.

She thought for sure he'd have a blade in here for shaving, so she started looking for it.

When she found it, she didn't hesitate for it was not open. She immediately slid the blade across her forearm, causing blood to trail out.

She didn't know what she was doing, but she couldn't stop. It was like she wasn't herself, like someone else had taken over her mind.

She stopped crying. Midway through, but kept going.

It was cut after cut until she finally felt satisfied with herself.

She soon realized what she had done and fell to the floor.

She didn't cry. She didn't wince. She didn't feel pain. She didn't feel anything.

She felt numb.

Hiccup noticed how quiet the house was, especially when someone else was supposed to be in it.

He got up from the kitchen table and went to the hallway. He noticed the bathroom door was closed and the light was on.

He assumed Elsa had been in there for a while, considering he didn't hear the loud thud of the door closing not long before that. He heard it a long time ago.

"Elsa?" He asked, planting a slight knock in the door. "Elsa, I'm sorry, you're not an idiot." Hiccup went silent so he could hear a response.

But he got nothing but silence in return.

"Elsa?" He said again, knocking louder. He realized that something was wrong so he reached for the door handle and began to turn it, but it wouldn't open.

"Elsa!" He started yelling, pounding on the door in hopes of getting in. The door wouldn't budge, so he felt like he had no other choice but to run his entire body into it.

It took him about four times to finally open the door.

When he finally did, it looked like a scene from a horror film.

He walked in the bathroom to see Elsa lying in the floor, surrounded and covered by blood. She had a blade in her hand and her cheeks were stained with tears.

"Elsa!" Hiccup said, running down and grabbing her. "Elsa wake up!" He yelled, attempting to wake her up.

She wouldn't move.

"Elsa, please!" He began to frantically grab her shoulders and shake her back and fourth. She still didn't wake up.

Hiccup started panicking. He had no idea what to do, so he ran to the kitchen, grabbed his phone and dialed 911.