Secret Admirer?

FOUR MONTHS EARLIER.....

"God..."

I'm holding an envelope and standing in front of the mail-box. I've been trying so hard to send my article to JK Magazine Company. Well, the only company that appreciates new writers' works.

"Good luck, Soojin-ah"

I stick the stamp on and put the envelope, with my article in, into the post-box.

So, I'm an amateur writer. I've been writing stories and stuff since high school.

*my phone rings*

"Hello?"

"Soojin-ah?"

"Oh, omma?"

"Yes, it's me."

"Yes?"

"Are you there?"

"There where?"

"Job interview. What're you saying?"

I bite down my lower lip.

"Yup, I'm there."

"How is it going?"

"I don't know but the interviewer is so annoying."

"Annoying?"

"I don't feel welcomed at all. This place is not for me."

"Again..?"

"Sorry, omma..."

"Next time, eh. I'll search for you."

"Om-"

*hangs up*

I can't help but feel bad for my mom. She's been trying to search multiple jobs for me all the way from Jeju whereas the only thing I'm interested in is writing.

It isn't like she doesn't support me writing but she hates to see me doing it as my career. Well, we have a good education background, and of course, my parents expect more than this from me.

I'm not the only child. I have an elder brother named Hoseok. He's currently working as an assistant teacher at Seoul University. Everyone loves him, as expected. And here I am, being the villain in the family.

My dad is kind of flexible about my decisions and stuff. However, mom only wants me to get into education path and continue as her father (my grandfather) did. Hoseok and I are not that close mainly because of the age gap. He's seven years older than me and very mature. Of course, I love him and he loves me but I guess my respect for him is huger than the siblings' love.

Hoseok is actually a huge supporter of my online-articles. I have a blog named "Invincible 쓰지" and I post several notes and short stories on there almost every week. I didn't know at first but there was someone who kept liking my posts and sharing them and that turned out to be my brother.

I still remember him saying,

"Soojin-ah, my baby-sister, do what you love. Don't go against our parents but still, do what you want. You know what I mean, right? You have me. They have me. I'll go into the path they want us to go. And you're free. Keep writing, dong saeng-yah."

Hoseok came into my room one night and we had a really long conversation about random things till after midnight. We two had not talked like that since forever. And that was exactly when I felt a bit closer to him and had more respect for him.

I wrote letters, essays and sometimes, poems and tried to sell them at school. People bought them and liked them. I was kind of famous in school for writing such things. I always participated in essay contests and anything writing stuff. I just love writing since then.

When the time came for me to join college, I took English major JUST to improve my writing skills more and more. Oh and that was when I started my blog and posted things. I saw some people from my college loving my posts but I didn't tell them that it was I. I chose to remain silent than to show off like I did in high-school.

*notification sound*

"Hmm"

I check my phone and saw that somebody just sent me a private message to my blog.

'Annyeong'

'Annyeong!'

'Are you the admin?'

'Yes, sure.'

'I just came to say that I really love your posts.'

'Awwn, thank you so much! ❤️'

I don't know who that is because the username is like "User134340". Haha, I'm happy because nobody has really sent me a private message just to say that they like my work. I really appreciate that unknown...134340. Hehe.