"Okay, now that Cassie's here, we can exchange gifts." My mom smiled.

I went under the tree grabbing both Christins and my moms gifts. Christin did the same for my mom and I. We exchanged the gifts, all taking a look at what we got.

Opening my box, Christin gifted me some new air maxes and a Nike sweat suit to go along with it. She got it half off being that it was the Holiday's and the fact that she actually worked there.

"Aht! Period." I smiled, taking the sneakers out of the box. I smelled the inside, taking the tissue paper out of them. I hugged my sister watching her open her gift.

She opened up her box, smiling excessively.

"Awww Cass!" She smiled.

She pulled out a tennis bracelet sort of similar to the one Mickel had gotten me. She had wanted it really bad since that whole situation so I went and got her one.

We hugged once again, turning to my mom to watch her open her gifts.

From my bag she pulled out a sweat suit from Pink, some perfumes and lotions. From Christins bag, she pulled out some silk robes and pajamas.

"I kind of regret getting you that now, figuring how you get down with your man." Christin joked.

"Hmm." My mom murmured, not finding Christins joke funny what so ever.

The room was quiet until my mom spoke again.

"Y'all can open y'all gifts from me. I'll be in the kitchen starting dinner. It ain't gone cook itself." She sighed, getting up from the couch.

"Wait mama...you not gone stay?" I asked. It was usually sort of a tradition for the parents to watch their kid open their gifts.

"I'm good. Y'all don't need me here." She spoke, taking a sip of her coffee.

"O-ok." I spoke.

Once she left, I finally was allowed to speak how I wanted.

"Why would you say that Christin?! You made her mad." I hissed.

"Girl! It was just a joke." She shrugged.

"Don't think y'all slick, I could hear you." My mom shouted from the kitchen.

Christin and I stayed quiet for a moment before, going under the tree once again to open our gifts.

"Damn, I kind of feel bad." I said.

"Yeah well I don't. She can't take a joke but we gotta deal with three new ass niggas up in our crib?" Christin scoffed.

"Man I don't know." I huffed.

***
After cleaning up the wrapping paper on the floors and throwing it away, Christin and I took our new things to our rooms. I had gotten a shit load of clothes and new unreleased perfumes and products from my moms company plus Christin and I got matching rose gold Mac books. Christin pretty much got the same thing.

"I can't help but feel bad Chris." I pouted as we walked down the hallway together.

"Same. To be honest." She sighed. "Mommy really did her thing this year with the presents and shit."