Chapter 14✳️

Derek drove to the hospital to see how his injured pack mates were. Thanks to the wolves healing process many of them were already on the mend. His human pack members were a different matter. Some had wounds that required more than one surgery. But for the most part they would be ok in the long run.

Derek calls a meeting and praises the pack for working together. To defeat their enemy he tells them to be vigilant but for now to rest.

The next day he went to see Chris. They walk into his office at the pack house, "How did you get the information?"

"I convince some of the hunters who were more loose lipped I was coming back to their way of thinking. With Allison pregnant it hit me in a way it never did before. My grandchild could be killed for no other reason but for what he/she is.

Scott didn't see it that way to begin with after all the baby would be their blood. Why would my rogue hunter relatives want to kill blood. Allison reminded him he shared his fathers blood. That it didn't stop him being an ass to her or his mother. He still didn't see how they were a threat to his baby".

"He saw how Allison was treated by her family?"

"Why do you mean treated by her family?

"Scott said she was abuse I check the computer. There were reports on the police computer of the abuse", explains Derek.

"You didn't believe him?"

"He mentioned it after telling Stiles to tell me. To make him and Allison stay in a round about way".

"Because he's a doctor he thinks he's on the same level as you and demands the same level of respect. Allison broke her arm when she was a young girl falling out a tree. We had to prove we didn't hurt her. She has never had a family member lay a hand on her in an abusive manor". Derek listen to his heart beat he was telling the truth.

"We thought it was a lie and the police information was planted. Sk we decided to not offer him or Allison help, it was too risky".

"I understand completely Derek, Scott was trying to get in with my father. His thinking was if he liked him, he wouldn't want to hurt him".

"Perhaps Scott told my father he was coming to Beacon Hills. And my father planted the abuse information for Scott to use. Scott called me couple days before I got the information about the attack. He told me he didn't feel safe I told him where I was hiding. Then he, Mellisa and Allison came to stay with me".

"He clearly knew about the attack. I don't think he expected us to come and get him and the rest of you".

Derek rubs his temple, "Ironically we saw  him as a Trojan Horse send to destroy us two years ago. That's why we said no to him living here".

"In a way he is now there's nothing stopping him from calling Gerald. My father or my sister Kate and telling them where he is", Chris looks panicked.

"He can do that but if I know Tabitha she would have worded the blood oath to take all that into account. When he pledged himself to me. The magic ensures he now has to obey me no matter what.

Why do you think I told him the basement is off limits to him. Boyd my head beta will come and find you later, go explorer your new home. Tell Allison I want to see her please. I need to go somewhere. I'll be back for about three. See my mum if you need anything, better yet make it Boyd".

Chris leaves and Derek's sit back in his chair, "What does Gerald have on Scott. That he would put his unborn child and wife in danger", he wonders out loud.

Derek goes and sees Stiles and their kids in the other realm. He feels energised with all the magic around him. He kisses Stiles and the kids, "I'll ask for some food to be bought to you".

They were in their apartment in the castle on their bed. "Did you manage to get any rest at all since the battle?", ask Stiles.

"Not really I had to see the wounded and organised the pack. Scott is working with Gerald. Chris confirmed that Allison wasn't abuse he was telling the truth. I'm having a meeting with her later. Scott was meant to be a spy in our pack two years ago"

"He won't be able to talk gran and granddad would have made the consequences severe if he does. But he can still betray us".

"Gerald is controlling him which means he has something on him. How is that Fae doing?"

"She needs a lot of help the doctors are taking care of her. I'm not allowed to see her. Gran says it's going to be a long time before she's emotionally in a good place".

There's a knock on the door "Enter", says Stiles.

A servant girl opens the door she has a tray filled with food which she put on a table and bows. "Is there anything else your highnesses".

"We're okay thank you", says Stiles.

Derek eats feeling ravenous suddenly and falls asleep only to be woken up by Stiles, "Your appointment with Allison is in fifteen minutes".

"I didn't mean to fall asleep on you babe".

"You got some much needed sleep that's a good thing. Now go I'll see you soon".

Derek arrives in his room and goes to say hello to his mother. Before going across the road to see Allison.

Allison takes a seat opposite him, "Has your father ever laid his hands on you. Scott told my wife you were abuse from a young age by your whole family".

Allison laughs but it was the laugh of someone who couldn't believe what they were hearing. My family as never laid their hands on me. Not even my grandfather he was always kind to me. Especially when I got with Scott he kept asking me to live him".

"Because he's a werewolf", she shakes her head.

"If you only knew the irony of that statement", she whispers.

"Tell me what I'm not seeing then", pleads Derek.

Allison jumps as if momentarily forgetting he had super hearing.

She smiles, "I need time", Derek observes Allison her behaviour was odd.

"Has your Alpha it is my job to keep you safe. I can't help you if I don't know what I'm keeping you safe from Allison. I get that you don't know me but I want you to be happy. A Alpha's job is to help those who can't help themselves".

"The weakest link you mean".

"The strongest thing you can do is ask for help never forget that. We have counsellors if you need to speak to one of them. Speak to Dr Morrell. She's the lead one for our pack".

Later Derek would look back on this moment and say he could see why he did what he did next. But in that moment he didn't know why he did it. He reached in his pocket and take out three hundred dollars and gives it to Allison. She was very surprise but took it.

"No one will know I gave this to you I promise. Do with it whatever you want to".

She starts to cry, "Thank you, you're a good man".

"I'll talk to that husband of yours tomorrow", Allison's body goes rigid before she puts a fake smile on her face.

"I would like you and your father to come for dinner when my wife comes back. I'll make sure your husband is busy", see you later.

One more chapter left of kindness is the building block. part 2 in the series titles love is the glue has some chapters written well 7 of 15. I'm debating as it literally starts right after the end of this. if I should keep it as part of this story or do a new book for it.

Let me know what you guys think I should do. Thanks again for going on this adventure with me. I really hoping you're enjoying it. I have a finish kick ass series call who says I have to be soft with a strong female lead in Stiles. Please go give it a butchers you may like it.

👀I spy a lie a very big one, has anyone spotted it yet?.