》One《

Welcome to Winter!
I hope you enjoy! :3 I'm very excited to start writing this!

----

"Goodnight!" Taehyung called out to the store employee, leaving the store, tightly holding a plastic bag that dug into his palm. 

"Goodnight, Taehyung!" the employee chuckled, leaning on the register counter. It was an art supplies store and it didn't get much attention. Just enough to stay in business. 

Taehyung was a regular customer there. He was constantly running out of paint or had somehow broke a very durable brush that he needed. He's very clumsy, but is a talented artist. It's a wonder he doesn't mess up paintings with his clumsiness - maybe he does, their canvas sales have been higher lately. 

The walk to the art store and back was fairly long, but Taehyung didn't mind. He could probably use the exercise anyways. When he's not painting, he's playing video games or something. Exercising isn't exactly high on his list of things to do. That, and he didn't have a car. It'd be a waste to have one in the busy city when you could take the subway or walk. 

On his way, he stopped at a gas station and grabbed some snacks for the walk home. Because who doesn't love snacks? He quickly grabbed a few snack sized chip bags and sodas, bought them and left. The bags began hurting his hand as the weight increased. 

He looked up at the gloomy sky, muttering about how bad the weather looked. It was about to snow, so it started colder out. He walked a bit faster, trying to get home as quickly as possible. He sighed in relief as his apartment complex came into view and the smell of tasty food wafted from the buffet on his left. 

Suddenly, he heard a sneeze, then another and another. Without thinking, he said "Bless you" while looking for where the noise came from, but nobody was around him. There was no response, so he thought it was maybe a cat that was left outside. As an animal lover, he thought he'd take it in for the night and turn it over to a shelter to keep it out of the cold. 

"Hey, kitty," he said quietly, making light clicking sounds to catch its attention. No cat came out, but there was noise coming from behind the dumpster. He moved slowly, trying not to scare it, "Hey, kitty?"

Behind the dumpster wasn't a cat, but a boy - he was fairly young, maybe about 15. He would be very cute if his black hair wasn't matted down with sweat to his forehead. Then, Taehyung noticed something extra. The boy was actually a hybrid, hiding his long rabbit ears with a hair tie that looked like it could snap at any second. 

Taehyung's mouth was open in shock as he took in this sigh. He finally took in a breath, "Oh. You're not a cat."

The boy whimpered slightly, pushing himself away from Taehyung, "P-please don't hurt me." he begged, tears threatening to spill out of fear.

"No, no," Taehyung said soothingly. "I'm not going to hurt you."

The hybrid furrowed his eyebrows, not letting his guard down as he stared at Taehyung. The blonde male sighed, looking at the sky, shivering at the weather despite wearing a fairly thick coat. If he was cold in that, he couldn't imagine how cold the boy was, only wearing a thin black shirt and a pair of dirty and ripped sweatpants. 

Taehyung took a step back, running a hand through his soft hair. He pitied the boy. He couldn't imagine being homeless - especially as a hybrid. Hybrids were treated like animals, often being taken to shelters or put down on sight. However, unlike animals, it was harder for a hybrid to be adopted. More animals like cats and dogs were sold than hybrids.

He really didn't like this boy being left outside, knowing the misfortune hybrids have to face on a daily basis. As much as he wanted to help the hybrid, he couldn't. Half the time, he just barely made it for himself. It's a shame artists are only recognized after death and his part time job at the library down the street didn't help much either.