18. THE ONE WITH SIERRA FINDING OUT

February 16th
POV Ethan
It's so nice to have normal Grayson back and I will never be able to thank Lydia enough for what she did. Even though I'm not sure exactly what she did, but it did work wonders.

"Hey Eth, do you know where Lydia is? I've been looking all over for her" Sierra approaches me as I'm eating my sandwich in the cafeteria. I haven't seen Sierra all day, not Lydia or Grayson either for that matter, so it's funny that Sierra shows up now.

"I don't know, probably fucking my brother in a closet somewhere"

"What did you just say?" Oh fuck, Lydia hasn't told her.

"Did I say something? I don't think I did" I try to save my own skin but I know that this won't work. Why in heaven hasn't Lydia told Sierra yet?! Doesn't girls tell each other everything within like 1 minute?

"Oh I think you said something, something about someone fucking someone?" She says and rises her eyebrows at me while coming closer and closer. "Spill it, Dolan"

"I didn't say anything!"

"You might as well say it, or I'll force it out of you" she more or less growls. She then takes a firm grip of my shoulder and starts pushing her acrylics in more and more until I give in.

"Ouch ouch, fine! Grayson and Lydia are fuck buddies" I whisper under my breath but I can tell Sierra heard me, because she lets me go and sits down. She's obviously both confused and a little bit sad.
f
"For how long has this been going on?" She asks me and I shrug. Sierra must be hurt by this, I know I would've been if I were her. I really don't understand why Lydia hasn't said anything.

"That I swear I don't know. I've only known for like a month"

"A month?!?" Fuck Ethan, do you ever stop fucking up?

"I'm-I'm just gonna stop talking forever" I mumble and scurry away, leaving Sierra startled at the table.

* * *
POV Lydia
"Okay so if you put 214 as X the equation is solved. Are you with me?" I ask Sierra as we're sitting in my bed on our usual math night.

"Why haven't you told me about you and Grayson?" Gosh, I knew something was off about her. I now immediately regret not telling her, did I really expect her to not find out? Ugh, I don't know.

"I'm sorry Sierra. How did you find out?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" She says and I choose to ignore that she skipped my question because I know that this isn't about her.

"Because I was afraid that you'd think I was stupid and irresponsible for doing such a childish thing. I didn't know how to tell you either" I admit at she looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"We're best friends Lydia, you could've said anything and I'd be fine with it. We support each other through anything, and you fucking Grayson is not that big of a deal, I just wished I didn't have to hear it from Ethan" of course Ethan told her. Who else would it be?

"You probably hate me now, huh?"

"Nah, maybe a little. But the more important question is, how is he in bed?" She says and her question catches me completely off guard, how is she so chill about this?

"You know, we have a good thing going on" I laugh and she gasps.

"Lydia Katherine Hughes! This is so exciting, you have a fuck buddy!" She exclaims and claps her hands, smiling widely.

"Please, say it louder for the ones in the back. Plus, we're not fuck buddies. We have a no strings attached relationship, we fuck then leave without any hard feelings. It's the perfect deal, really"

"Whatever. You sure it's nothing more, Grayson is hella hot" she grins and nudges my shoulder, probably wanting to get a reaction out of me.

"I promise you, it's not. A rule of the deal is that as soon either of us starts catching feelings we stop"

"This is starting to sound like a movie" she states and I laugh, it kinda does. Except every movie has a happy ending, and I don't really see this going in that direction. One day one of us will probably get a real relationship and me and gray will just stop. There's a comfortable silence between us because apparently neither of us knows how to keep the conversation going.

"Look Sierra, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. You deserved to know and I was being a pussy" I speak up and she takes my hand, holing it lightly.

"It's okay, really. Let's put this behind us, yeah?" She proposes and I nod.

"Please. You're the best Sierra"

"So you said that if you put 214 as X the equation is solved?" She says and starts off the math conversation again, she even opens her book voluntarily. The thing with Sierra is that I know that she knows math, she just needs someone to push her in the right direction. And that is my job.

"Yeah, exactly. You need to divide how many x you have with what's behind the equal sign. Got it?"
————————