Chapter 30

I got up and checked my phone.

November first. I groaned and slammed my head back down on my pillow. I didn't wanna get up. You would think my birthday would be a happy day, but instead, it's the saddest day of the year. Because Anna was born on this day too.

I looked beside me, noticing that Luke wasn't there. I got up slowly and dragged myself downstairs, noticing Luke standing at the stove, with his back to me. I sat down at the high chair as he turned away with a gleaming smile on his face.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." He said leaning in to kiss me. I gave him a forced smile as he caught my eyes and frowned.

"What's wrong love?" He asked, placing his hand delicately on my cheek. I frowned and bit the inside of my cheek.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." I whispered. Luke looked confused out of his mind.

"Happy birthday, Anna." I muttered. Luke understood this time, as he gave me a broken smile and pulled me into a hug.

"I made you breakfast." He whispered, kissing the top of my head. I nodded slightly and pulled away, looking at the plate of food. I let out a small laugh as I looked over at Luke's beaming face.

"Luke, pop tarts? Really?" He was such an idiot

"It's all I know how to make". I shook my head and smiled down at the plate.

A moment later, Luke's phone rang.

"Hello?" He asked, answering the phone. He smiled.

"Yeah, sure. I want her back before three though okay?" He said to the person on the other line. After he hung up, he smiled back at me.

"Michael wants you to hang out with him today. So go get ready! I'll pick you up at three." He said, taking a sip of his orange juice and launching me over his shoulder.

"Luke, I fucking." Luke ran upstairs, holding onto my waist. I bursted into a fit of giggles as he spun in circles, almost dropping me. He set me down at his room and ran away. I shook my head, laughing at his stupidity and stepping into the room to get ready. I threw on some sweatpants and a t shirt and walked downstairs. It was only Michael, so I didn't need to worry about my appearance.

"You need a ride?" Luke asked from the couch.

"No, it's not too far." I answered, slipping my boots on.

"Okay, be safe. Love you." He called back. I smiled.

"Okay, mom. I love you too." I said sarcastically, as he let out a small laugh.

"Bye Luke." I said, before shutting the door and stepping out onto the sidewalk. Michael's house was about a fifteen minute walk, but I liked it. It was peaceful, especially in the morning.

When I got to his house, I stepped up onto the porch and knocked on the door. After a moment, Michael opened the door and smiled.

"Happy birthday, ya slut." He said, pulling me into a hug. I smiled into his neck and squeezed him tighter. I knew today would be hard for him, as he knew the same for me.

"How are you?" He asked, shutting the door and sitting down on the couch. I sat beside him and sighed.

"Ya know." I said slowly, leaning my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and gave me a faint smile.

"Yeah. I know." I looked around at the room we were in, as memories flooded my mind.

"Remember when we watched spider man for the first time in this room? You me and Anna?" I asked. He smiled at the memory and nodded.