Chapter 20

It was Monday again and Luke and I were on our way back to his place from school.

"So whadya wanna do tonight?" He asked, fixing his hair in the car mirror.

"Stop fixing your hair, it looks good without the twenty-foot tall skyscraper on your head." I said, laughing. He crinkled his nose and gave me an angry glare, but it was soon replaced by a smile.

"Fine, I won't do anything to it tomorrow. How about that?" He asked, pulling into his driveway.

"Sounds good." I said as I stepped out of the car. When we got inside, I walked over to the stove to make Mac and cheese.

"You're eating macaroni tonight whether you like it or not." I said.

"Fine with me." He said. Luke walked behind be and snaked his arms around my waist, placing his lips on the inside of my neck. He placed soft kisses everywhere, making me weak in the knees.

"Luke I swear to god." I said, giggling.

"But I looovee youu." He cooed, showering my cheek with kisses.

"Luke I gotta ask you something." Luke removed his lips from my cheek and made eye contact with me.

"Is everything okay?" He asked in all seriousness

"Yeah everything's fine it's just- do you think my dad is... Like, okay?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Do you think he got lost when you led him away? Because who knows what could happen if- if he-"

"Paige, your dad is gonna be okay. How could you still love him after what he did to you?" He asked.

"Because he's my dad, Luke. And at one point in my life, he was my only source of happiness." I replied, turning the stove off.

"I know that. But he isn't like that anymore. He hurt you worse than I could ever even imagine. Please don't go back." He said sternly. It seemed that Luke was beginning to get angry, and I just hoped to god that he wouldn't just explode on me.

"I know he's never gonna go back. I'm not a fucking idiot. I just wanna make sure he's safe okay? Because he's my only family left and no matter how much I hate him, there will always be a little piece of my heart broken when he's gone. Because he meant so much to me. He was so amazing okay? So I would like it if you didn't want my father dead because NO ONE deserves to die. NO ONE." I said angrily, slamming the pan down and marching up the stairs.

"Paige I didn't say that." He called after me, running up the stairs. I went into his room and climbed in the bed, wrapping myself in the blankets for comfort.

"Paige I-I, I didn't say I wanted him dead. I wouldn't-"

"You just don't get it". I said, facing away from him. "when someone so special does something like that to you, it's just so... Confusing. And you love him so much. But then he just ruins it all. And you think maybe, if you take all of the alcohol away, he'll stop. But then you actually take it and it only leads to violence. And then the next day he says he loves me. He was sober and he loved me, Luke. He lost so much in his life, he doesn't know what to do. And I pity him. Because that man used to be the one person I was proud of. And now that man is just waiting to die." I said, taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry I got mad, none of this is your fault." I whispered, sitting up. Luke sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Cuddle me back." He said, causing my smile to break out. I laid down on his chest and listened to his heartbeat as he breathed slowly.

"Luke?"

"Yes?"

"You can- uh- you can sleep like this every night if you want. You know, in your bed."

"Only if it's with you." He answered, kissing the top of my head. I didn't answer him, but I guess I didn't really need to.

"Goodnight, I love you." He said.

"Love you too." I whispered, as I drifted off to sleep to the sound of his beating heart.

A/N

They didn't even eat dinner wow I suck at writing I'm sorry