Chapter 11

Dear Anna,

I miss you.

I hate being away from you for so long. I feel like I'm ripping apart little by little, and I'm about to crack. I tell myself that it doesn't matter because I just want to forget, but I can't. I never will. I bet you miss Michael. And I know for sure that Mike misses you. He's still got your ugly ass scarf hanging in the same place you left it. He says it still smells like you, but I don't think so. I talked to him today. I'm actually with him now. He's just as amazing as he was before. He's got pink hair now. He said you always asked him to get it but he refused. Now pink is the only color he dyes it. He told me to tell you that he loves you. And that he's sorry for ignoring you that one day. He was only ignoring you because he thought you cheated on him. But don't worry. I had your back. I've always got your back. Even when you never even noticed. I just wish I had your back when dad hurt you. And made fun of you. I regret that every day. I always wonder what you'd look like now. Maybe you'd have that purple hair that dad never let you have. Or maybe you'd still be with Mikey. I know he would like that. I met a boy, Anna. And I think he's the one. His name is Luke Hemmings and he has beautiful blue eyes. He always runs his hands through his quiffed blonde hair, and he's got the greatest personality. He's moving in four weeks. I still can't believe it. I love him. I'm in love with this boy. And I've told him almost everything about myself. I let him in and he's moving out. Already. If he finds some new girl in Australia, I don't blame him. After all, there are so many girls that he can choose from. They're all better than me. So I bet it's peaceful being.. You know... Dead. I bet you don't have to deal with the complexity of life. I just wish you were able to look at the good things, and not just the bad things. If I was in as deep as you, I'd hold on. Because you had a boyfriend who was the greatest thing that ever happened to you. And you had me. I guess I just wasn't enough and I'm sorry for that. I love you, Anna. And I hope you're at peace. I'll never forget our memories we shared. Never.

Love,

Paige.

"What are you writing?" Michael asked

"Well it's kinda like a letter to Anna but she's not gonna read it or anything so I don't know." I looked up, closing my book. Luke and Michael were sitting on my bed, putting their guitars down. Michaels eyes widened.

"Paige, Luke's in here" he said. Luke smiled.

"She told me." He said, as I walked over to them and smashed my face into my pillow. Michael nodded, looking down at me.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, writing that shit down actually helps. You should try it mike. You can read mine if you want to get ideas or something" I said, rolling on my back.

Luke laid beside me, snuggling into my side. Michael picked up my book and began reading it. It took him a couple minutes to finish. He placed the book down, facing away from us.

"You alright Mikey?" I asked, standing up and walking over to him. He nodded. I hugged him from behind, squeezing him tight. He turned around to hug me properly as a tear fell on my head.

"You gotta stop holding it in mike. Sometimes you gotta let it all out. I said, thinking back to what Luke said the day he beat Justin up. I glanced over at Luke who had the same expression.

"Damn it Paige you're always right and I hate it" he said, wiping away his tears. I released my grip from around him and sat back down on my bed. I heard a booming voice outside of my room.

"PAIGE, I TOLD YOU TO GET ME MORE BEER"

"Shit" I mumbled, staggering up from my bed.

"I'll come with you" Luke said, biting his lip. I nodded, silently thanking him.

I managed to deliver the beer to my father unharmed. I returned to my room and noticed that Michael was gone. I spotted a note on my bed. It read:

Mom just called me for dinner. Thank you for letting me read that. It felt good. Xx. Mike.

I smiled and showed the letter to Luke. He nodded.

"You haven't talked much Luke. What's on your mind?" I asked, sitting in my swivel chair. He sat down on my bed and let out a loud sigh,

"A lot of things" he laughed. "Hey, when Michael hugged you, did it hurt your stomach..." He asked. I smiled at how cautious he was being.

"Nah I'm a big girl." I said. He shook his head.

"You're actually not. You're really short. Not big at all." I rolled my eyes at his stupidity

"You're a weirdo."

"But you love it" I bit my lip and sighed

"Unfortunately I do."