Chapter 27

Luke's POV

"AHH!"

I heard Paige scream beside me. I wrapped my arms around her as usual and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Just a dream" I muttered, shutting my eyes again. Her breathing began to increase as I opened my eyes.

"You alright Paige?" I asked, taking notice on how badly this one dream affected her.

Paige swallowed hard and shut her eyes

"I think I'm gonna be sick." She muttered quickly, rolling into my side and grabbing my shirt roughly.

"Shh... It's all over, baby. You're okay. You're safe in my arms." I whispered softly. Her eyes fluttered open as I placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Are you okay love?" She nodded her head slightly and sat up, wiping her eyes and letting out a quick yawn.

"Thanks Luke." She murmured, standing up from the bed and making her way to the window. She liked to look out of the window in the morning. And I enjoyed watching her smile at the birds. As I looked up at her, I noticed she wasn't admiring any part of what was outside of that window.

"What's wrong?" I asked, standing up and standing beside her, peering out of the window.

"That fucking ass hole." She whispered, storming out of the room.

It was her dad.

"Paige, don't go out there!" I called after her, racing towards her. I followed her out of the door, trying to grab her arm.

"HEY DAD?! YEAH IM OVER HERE, YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH GO HOME. CANT YOU TELL I HATE YOU?" She screamed as she stopped about two yards from him. She inched closer to him so that they were arms length away.

"Paige..." Her dad whispered, letting a small tear drip off of his cheek.

I yanked Paige behind me, standing between the two family members.

"Stop crying, you don't deserve to cry." She said sharply from behind my back.

"Paige please. I'm so sorry. I know I deserve to die, trust me I know what I deserve. But I've been trying to find you for so long and I miss you. It's lonely without you there. I'm out of beer and I was too lazy to get off my sorry ass and buy some. But I don't regret it because I feel strong, Paige. Now that I'm sober, all I want is for you to come home. I love you and I always have, and words can't describe how guilty I feel for what I've done to you and I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry."

My mouth was wide open as I grabbed Paige's hand from behind me.

"Don't do it, Paige. You know what he's capable of." I knew she'd be a fool for giving in, but I also knew that Paige was smart. And that she'd make the right decision no matter what. She let go of my hand, giving me a reassuring nod. I had a feeling she knew what she was doing. Paige took a few steps toward her dad, until she was less than a foot away from him. She looked up at him with a cold stare as he looked back down at her with sad eyes.

And then something weird happened.

She hugged him. And she didn't stop hugging him. Her grip around his waist tightened as she squeezed as tight as she could. She rested her head in his chin as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"Daddy" she choked out, as if she was imagining her as a three year old again.

"I miss you so much." She whispered, trying to hold back her tears. Her father didn't answer her, he just held her tightly.

"But it's ridiculous of you to come here." She said again, letting another tear roll down her cheek.

"Please leave, before I break down." She pulled away but her father didn't move.

"Dad..." She questioned him.

"But I love you." He whispered. Paige took a step away from him and shook her head in despair.

"No you don't, dad. Guilt is not love. Leave before I call the police. And never come back." His eyes widened as he gave her a loving glare, stepped into his car and took off.

When he was out of sight, Paige dropped to her knees and stared down at the road.

"You did amazing" I whispered, taking a seat next to her and wrapping my arm around her shoulders. She rested her head on my knees and repositioned herself to look up into my eyes.

"I shouldn't have hugged him. The flashbacks came in like a flood." She muttered.

I gave her a sad smile as she stared at my eyes.

"You have pretty eyes" she whispered, as I inched closer to her.

"So do you." I whispered, locking my lips to hers. The kiss was smooth and passionate, just like our first one.

"I love you". I whispered. She smiled and pulled me back in, kissing me longer this time.

A/N

HI