Chapter 6

Paige's POV

"So where are we going?" I asked Luke. We've been in the car for at least twenty minutes and I was starting to get curious.

"I don't really know actually." His eyebrows furrowed as he looked around the street.

"So you're driving, but you don't know where to?"

"Yup. I like finding new things to do. The same old places are boring." I smiled. He was so interesting. The way he concentrated so well on the road ahead. And the way he talked as if there was no worry in the world. I've always wanted to be like that.

"So how long do you think we'll be driving for?"

"Don't know don't care." He smirked, keeping his eye on the road.

-

About ten minutes later, we came across a golf course. Luke stopped the car as I gave him a questioning look.

"Please don't tell me we're going golfing..." He clapped his hands in excitement.

"No way in hell am I going golfing! But I've always wanted to ride in a golf cart. So that's what we're gonna do." I raised my eyebrow at him in amusement.

"See, there are so many cool things if you just keep driving!" I laughed at all of his energy.

"Well in that case.... ILL RACE YOU TO THE CART!" I yelled, taking off.

"THATS NOT FAIR!" Luke yelled after me, trying to catch up. Two seconds later, I felt two strong hands wrap around my waist and lift me up in the air. He swung me over his shoulder, giving me a view of his back.

"Luuukee"

"Shut up Paige, I'm winning right now! Don't interrupt my concentration." I laughed at his remark.

"Luke that doesn't even make sense!" He set me down and ran the rest of the way to the golf cart.

"It doesn't have to make sense, I still won." He said as I walked up to the cart.

"Yeah yeah" I said, out of breath. I sat in the passenger side as Luke inserted the key into the ignition. He took off full speed immediately, causing me to fly back against my seat.

"HOLY SHIT LUKE" I yelled. He didn't answer, just stared ahead with the biggest grin on his face. I sat up and held onto the handbar. Luke didn't slow down, but I became used to it. He reminded me of a dog getting to stick his head out of the window of a car. He was so happy and carefree. Everything just felt so... Right.

Luke made a sharp turn into the sand dune, causing us to flip over.

"Shit.." He muttered.

"You okay Paige?" I began laughing uncontrollably.

"LUKE THAT WAS AWESOME!" I looked over to see him in a fit of giggles.

"It's starting to get dark out." I said.

"What, are you afraid?!" He said sarcastically

"What no!" His smile faded as he examined my face

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He kept his eyes on mine as he replied without moving a muscle.

"You're just really beautiful Paige." My cheeks began to grow red and I looked away.

"Don't look away. Let me look at you." I turned my face back towards him as he came over to sit next to me. His fingers glided under my jaw as his eyes remained on mine.

"I'm not beau-"

"You're gorgeous." I gulped nervously

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"Shut up." I whispered. His hands fell from my face to the back of my neck

"You're perfect, Paige." He placed his forehead on the top of my head and brushed his nose against mine. My eyes fluttered shut as I felt his warm breath on my lips.

"I-I" At that moment, I felt his soft, pink lips attach to mine. It was a passionate kiss, full of love and relief. The kiss lasted a couple moments more before Luke pulled away. His hands were placed on my chin once more as he tilted my head up to meet his gaze.

"I could do that all day with you." I smiled and grabbed his hand from my chin.

"I'd say this first day turned out well." I breathed out. His lips bent into a smile as he let out a chuckle.

"Yeah" he said, leaving me smiling