Chapter 15: Esidisi's last stand

The sun rises above the horizon. Announcing the beginning of a new day. Lisa Lisa stands on her balcony as she holds the Red Stone close to her chest. "The sun is up. The tests are ending and soon, the four students Caesar, Phoebe, JoJo and Lily will be making their way back here." She says to herself as she stares out into the horizon.

"Señora Lisa Lisa?" Suzi Q asks as she presents two different blouses for her to wear. One pure white, the other purple one with orange strips and a light green collar. "Which blouse would you like today?"

"Oh, I don't know. What do you think?" Lisa Lisa asks the young woman. Suzi Q looks down at the two different options with a smile as she begins to think of how each looks so nice and pretty. "Well, white is always nice but I think something colourful would be kind of fun too!" Suzi Q says happily as Lisa Lisa takes of the Red Stone on the table next to her broken wineglass. "I'll let you decide."

"Okay, let's see. I think the white one is pretty. But I really like the lovely design on this one." Suzi Q says, going into one of her ramblings on fashion again. Lisa Lisa glances down at the Red Stone and begins to think about her students, growing worry for them as the day where they'll engage in war will be arriving soon. 'I wonder if JoJo, Lily, Phoebe and Caesar have passed their final exams. I have a bad feeling. I'm beginning to worry.' Lisa Lisa thought to herself as Suzi Q have finally chosen the outfit for the day.

"So today, we're going to go with the pretty white!" Suzi Q said with a bright smile on her face.

"Suzi Q?"

"Yes?"

"Please send Ceasar, Pheobe, Lily and JoJo to my room as soon as they arrive." Lisa Lisa tells her.

"Yes. Of course Señora." Suzi Q said. Her attention then went back to the two blouses. Again. "Hmm. I know I said I liked the white blouse but the other one is nice too. So which is better. Ooh! Which do I chose?! White! But then again this is really nice two! Aye! What do I do?!"

Lisa Lisa couldn't help but give out a laugh. Suzi Q had always been a ditzy and carefree girl. Somehow, having her around to be her personal assistant helped her life in a stable state. Amongst the many others that she holds in her heart. "The colourful one will do nicely, thank you."

"Excellent choice!" Suzi Q said as Lisa Lisa takes off her dress and ties her hair up to prepare for her bath. She settles herself into the nice, warm waters and allowed her muscles to relax under the warm temperature. Suzi Q sets down her clothes on the table as she turns to her. "I'll just leave this here for you alright? I'll come back later and clean up the broken glass, be care okay?"

"I will, thank you." Lisa Lisa says. Their attention was turned to the door when they heard soft knocking. "Yes? Who is it?" The female Hamon master called out. A soft, timid voice spoke out. "Lisa Lisa? May I speak with you? Please?" Phoebe asks. From the sound of her voice, it seemed as though she was trying not to cry. Lisa Lisa immediately knew what she was here for and said, "Of course, please come in."

Phoebe walked into the room and made her way over to stand beside the tub. "Suzi Q, would you mind leaving us be for a moment?" Lisa Lisa asks her. Suzi Q gave a cheerful smile and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. The Hamon master gazes up the midnight-blue-haired woman and gently asks, "You're hunger is acting up again isn't it?" Tears swelled in her eyes as Phoebe gave a silent nod.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry my Lady..." She said as she fell to her knees and hung her head in shame. Phoebe felt herself to be disgusting whenever she would come to Lisa Lisa like this. Nine years...and she still hasn't gotten control over her hunger. Lisa Lisa reached over as she gently patted her head. "There's no need to apologise. From the moment you entrusted me with the truth, I willingly chose to take care of you Phoebe. There's no need for you to cry, you're nothing like them." Lisa Lisa says to her. Phoebe slowly lifted up her head and asked her master, "Do still remember your promise?"