Twenty Six - Va-rica

Start from the beginning

"No! He was not!" she shouted cutting me off. With that, she coughed abd choked repetedly.

"Hey, calm down!" I reached for the pitcher and helped her drink the water from the glass.

In the process, she was supported on my chest, my arm encircling her and another hand was holding the glass. My breath was fanning her front bangs. Her fingers was gripping mine holding the glass. She is really something.

After she took few sips and shook her head. So I moved the glass, her lips uncurling softly from the rim. A drop was slidding down her chin. I gently wiped it with my thumb.

"What do you mean, Arica?"

"He didn't love me!" It barely came out as a wishper.

"What?" I boomed deafening her ears.

She flinched.

"Sorry!"

She lean against me. Her head was placed at the crook of my neck.

"That - That night! We were dan- dancing in the party.." she sniffled.

I waited patiently for her to continue.

"I was getting intimate with him..."

"Hmm..." I don't react much as I don't want her to think I judge her bad. But I was really shocked that she is opening up to me! I know we are friends. But I don't think we are that close. May be she need someone to talk. And I can't believe Shakshi left her for that fool.

"He stopped me. It was not at all like him... I don't know, my alcohol started to kick in and I started to shout, I guess..." she looked at me tilting her head.

"Okay! Continue... I'm listening!"

"He didn't wanted to create a scene . So, We were driving. Arguing..."

"About?"

"Our relationship. He said he was just a friend to me and nothing more!"

"What rubbish? You were quite a pair. The whole campus knew it!"

"Exactly! He is a jerk! We were shouting and to one point he was bursting out and pulled a car to the side and... and it was a cliff!"

I could conclude what would have happened. But I didn't get it, why did Stephan reacted like this. Its just a missing puzzle!

"He said that his family won't accept an orphan like me! And its better to be just friends..."

I can see all the pain in her eyes when she stressed at the word 'orphan'. In that, she was stripping the plaster of her IV, without knowing.

"Ari..." I eased her hand and interwined my fingers with her.

"Everyone has someone to care, Ari. No one is orphan in this world!"

"I never expected this from him and also what happened to him." she sobbed.

"Everything happens for a reason, Ari!"

"May be I shouldn't had brought up a fight. Its all my fault!"

"Nothing is your fault. Its all fate, Ari."

"But..."

"Enough Ari. Please. You are just recovering! You need some rest. You have already stressed a lot!"

"Thanks for being here!"

"You don't have to thank me! It what friends usually do!" I winked at her!

"I miss my mom! I'm just unlucky."

"No you're not! Now close your eyes and try to get some sleep."

She didn't mind to move from me and I didn't want her to! So, we stayed like that.

She fell asleep. A strand of hair was falling on her lovely face distrupting my view. I gently tucked it behind her ear.

Then the door flew open, revealing Shakshi!

I really want to scold her but her status was quite pathetic. She was drenched, panting. What happened to her? These girls!

If a put them on a weigh scale, Shakshi and Ari, my heart sinks more to Ari. I don't know. Feelings!!!

Lets see what the future holds!!!

*****

Hi again...

So how are you all doing?

I really need your comments badly, especially for this chapter!

So, please, please, please... comment🙏🙏🙏

I am waiting for your reviews.

Please show your love in Voting and Sharing this story with your friends.

Love you guysss❤❤❤

Good night😘

See you on next update..!