episode 24: in our blood

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Lisa said--slightly shocking him. "I trust you, oppa. But don't screw it."

He chuckled and playfully messed up her hair.

"Ya!"

"You'll be there to help me out when I do, right?"

She smiled. "Of course."

"Then let's face the wolves, shall we?"

💎

"Aren't you such an angel our little Sooji-ya..." Jisoo cooed at the sleeping infant in her arms. Then gently pinched her plump cheeks. "But a freakin' little demon last night. You didn't even let your dad sleep peacefully. It's supposed to be a big day today."

"It wasn't only Jin who didn't get a good night's sleep."

"G-Gra—" Jisoo almost screamed but was able to stop herself. "Grandma. You scared me."

"I know I'm not in good health but I'm no ghost, Jisoo," she sassed. "I'm still very much alive."

"That's not exactly what I was—" she stopped when the woman raised her hand. She was sitting on her wheelchair with the trusty Wooreum at her aid. "What brings you outside, grandma? Jin said you should be still resting."

"And bore myself to death? Not what the way I want to pass, my dear. I'd rather be hit by a bullet or two."

Jisoo can't help but sigh. The Kims do have a weird sense of humor. Quite morbid for her taste.

"I haven't seen your newly adopted house guest," the old woman said looking around the area. "Did she leave already?"

"She's with Chaeyoung," Jisoo answered as she laid the infant inside her crib. "Lisa wanted to buy her some supplies but was a bit busy so she asked Chaeng to accompany her."

"I see," she said before sparing a glance at her newly born great granddaughter. Then back at her. "I happen to overhear your conversation with Jin last night."

"Grandma I—"

"Don't be mistaken, Jisoo," she cut her. "I know my grandchildren well. And I know Seokjin's capabilities."

"Then why? Why are you taking the position away from him?" Jisoo sighed. "He worked his ass off that company. I can't deny Lisa's skills in running a company but Jin is as good as she is. He can be stubborn but he's good—"

"Like you said, he's stubborn," she stated. "That grandson of mine took stubbornness to a whole new level. So he needs to know I'm not having any of it. He needs to learn how to listen and the sooner the better. I'm not getting any younger, you know."

"Wha—?"

The old woman gave her a smile before signaling Wooreum to take her to the garden.

Jisoo can't help but admire the old woman. Wicked with her ways but pure with intentions. Lisa did take after her. The only difference is, her sister-in-law had the best partner-in-crime. She turned to her daughter.

"I'm looking forward to how cunning you'll be, Kim Sooji-ya."

💎