"Huwag mo akong susundan!"

I looked behind me and realized that he was advancing fast. The pebbles are even crunching under his steps. I did the only thing I could think off. I paused and flung my sandals towards him.

Natamaan ko siya pero hindi siya natinag sa pagtakbo hanggang sa hindi na ako nakabuwelo pa at ako ay hinuli niya sa baywang.

"Galit ako sa'yo! Bitiw!"

"I know." His voice was soft as he was catching his breath.

Sinamantala kong pagod pa siya at ako ay muling tumakbo patungo sa malapit sa mga kayak na nakaantabay sa floorboards na patungo sa tubig.

However, I didn't know how he managed to actually catch up that quick. There was actually a bigger fishing boat that is motor-powered among the kayaks.

"Bitawan mo ako!"

"I'm sorry, Ren but you have to hear my side too," aniya habang buhat ako hanggang sa makaapak na siya sa kahoy na kinayarian ng bangka. He slightly pushed me away as he let me go, to the far side of the boat from near the floorboards.

With one swift push from the post, we went sailing away from the boards which made me wobble and finally get down on my derriere.

Bago pa ako makatayo ay niyugyog na ako ng bangka sa paghila niya sa starter ng makina nito. I saw how he briskly and brusquely pulled the string and how his hair swished as he threw his head with the force needed.

Napakalayo na namin kaagad mula sa amming pinanggalingan.

My heart was beating fast now as my body starts cooling down from the non-warm up run. The boat was just enough to fit a human width and long enough to fit five people. I didn't make a move. What he did was a great move to prevent me from escaping, I'll give him that. I can't just jump and dive and waste my precious life just to avoid him talking because I don't know how to swim.

Or more like I think I could swim but when I finally find out that the water is deep that my feet can't touch any floor, I panic and suddenly forget how to swim. As I roamed my eyes around the water, the machine stopped and I felt him walking carefully to me.

"Aren't you going to jump to avoid me?" aniya nang makaupo na ito sa harap ko.

Hindi ko siya sinagot ngunit tingin ko ay naintindihan niya ang katahimikan ko bilang kompirmasyon.

"Good. Because I can't save you since I don't know how to swim as well."

I freaked out and quickly looked at him murderously.

"Ang lakas ng loob mong ilayag tayo nang walang life vest!"

"May gallon naman ng tubig doon malapit sa makina," he said matter-of-factly.

Lumalakas ang hangin kahit na mahinahon ang tubig. Maaaring dahil na rin sa dami ng puno sa paligid ng lawa. Sa 'di kalayuan ay may mga kubong nakalinya sa bandang may buhanging gilid ng lawa.

I was taken aback when I caught him staring at me. I reached for my hair to tame it as the wind starts blowing it all to my face. His handkerchief helped a little.

Dahil nailing ako bigla sa pagtitig niya sa akin, ako na ang nagsalita.

"Kelan mo pa nalaman ang tungkol sa akin?"

His eyes went up for a second before he drew a massive breath.

"Are you going to listen to everything I'll tell you?"

I purposefully let him watch me scan all the water around before looking at him dead in the eye. "I suppose I have no choice here, don't you think?"