4 First-kiss anniversary gone wrong

Written for The Quidditch League Fanfiction Competition.

[Season 7] - Round 6

Team: Chudley Cannons

Position: Chaser 3 - Infidelity/False Infidelity. Write about an accusation of unfaithfulness in a relationship and the aftermath of this. (It's up to you whether the accusation is true or not)

Prompts:

3 (dialogue) "Are you really eating pizza in the middle of this?"

13 (word count) 1616

15 (object) picnic basket

Thanks to insertcleverandwittytitlehere for betaing.

.:lll:.

Remus made sure the invisibility cloak covered him completely. It was probably unnecessary as nobody else but him was even outside, but he was intending to keep his secret relationship with Sirius Black (the most handsome guy in the school), well, a secret.

The weather wasn't ideal at the moment; clouds moved quickly across the sky and the wind only grew stronger by the minute, it was almost December and therefore super cold, but Remus had learned a few spells that would be able to keep them warm, dry and invisible to others.

A cold puff of air flew across the grounds and gently pushed against Remus while sending shivers down his spine. He clenched the picnic basket tighter and continued towards the lake. Sirius had been sorta distant for a while and he hoped a picnic would make him happy again.

There was a perfect spot down there that was hidden from the school because of the trees and had the perfect view of both the sunset and the stars when it got dark. Neither of these things was visible because of the clouds, but it had been the place Sirius and Remus shared their first kiss exactly one year ago.

Sirius had been upset and Remus had come down there to comfort him, they had ended up kissing as the sun set and the stars appeared above them.

The two had been together in secret ever since.

Sirius had already come out as gay to the entire school and had had a little affair with a fellow Gryffindor named Dennis from their year (luckily the guy slept in another dorm with Frank Longbottom and some others). But Remus wasn't out, and he didn't want people to know something like that just yet. He knew if they did, they'd only pay closer attention to him.

James walked in on them being in the bed together only a few months after they got together, and Peter found out from all the yelling in the dorm. Luckily, they had long ago put a silencing charm on their dorm so others couldn't hear them planning pranks.

Remus heard someone walking behind him, he quickly turned around to see who it was, but then remembered he was wearing the invisibility cloak and shouldn't worry about people following him. Though the view shocked him.

The usual smile was gone from Sirius' face. Instead, his lips were just a thin line and his eyes stared stiffly forward. His arms were crossed and shoulders tense.

Remus instinctively followed him. Something about his face just screamed trouble and Remus wanted to make sure nothing happened. Maybe it was wrong of him to follow Sirius into the forest, maybe—

But then Sirius suddenly stopped. Remus froze and held his breath.

After a few moments, Sirius moved to a tree, standing with his back against it. He leaned back and tapped his foot on the ground. He briefly looked at the watch Mr and Mrs Potter had given him for his seventeenth birthday the year before.