CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

The sound of heavy stomping feet on the wooden floors, The sound of slamming doors or the sound of yelling

The sound of heavy stomping feet on the wooden floors, The sound of slamming doors or the sound of yelling. Lorenzo and Mia had expected any of them, but none happened.

Instead, they looked at the twins who stayed seated next to their significant other, both not sharing the looks of hatred that they also thought to see. All of those scenarios did not play out as they thought, but the one they never expected, calmness.

Fangs and Kevin had eventually left to give them the much-needed privacy, so now it was just the four of them. Marnie, Anthony, Mia and Lorenzo.

"Why aren't either of you getting mad?" Lorenzo decided to break the silence and both of them shared looks. Anthony spoke up first," After all of the crap we been through, hearing that is not even the most surprising thing at this point."

Marnie sighed as she looked at them," We are old enough, so instead of storming out—I think Anthony and I both understand there is a reason for it...right?" She asked slowly.

"Lorenzo and I were both really young, both only Sixteen, we both weren't even together as well" Mia explained.

Mia and Lorenzo were both just friends who sought comfort after a drunken night. Both of them had not thought for a moment of terminating the pregnancy, so instead attempted to try and become their parents. Though, it was proven to be an obstacle they couldn't overcome. They didn't try to put themselves in a relationship just for it to work, so they stuck with being friends.

They tried to think of solutions but they were both so young and not ready, so they had to give them up. At the end of it, Marnie and Anthony were in a loving home, even though maybe for most it wasn't since they were involved with the gang, but the twins were happy.

"When your parents had passed, I wasn't fit to take you both, since I had a bad track record. Mia, on the other hand, she was working in Social Services. We took a lot longer to get you both here, and we are both sorry how much you went through when you got passed around"

Marnie leaned forward grabbing his hand," I wish you'd told us sooner, but—" She looked to her brother who smiled," In the end, we somehow ended up together" He finished.

When the twins shared a look, both of them felt the same warm feeling they had before. The connection that they had when they only had each other. They still haven't properly talked about the whole fiasco, but only the front.

They needed to speak to each other about everything properly.

"I don't think we'll be calling you Mom and Dad, but I'm glad you told us," Anthony joked making them laugh," We'll always be your biological parents, and that enough for us to know that you both finally know the truth"

"Just as long as there is no more secrets—" Marnie started but then paused raising her hand," Or well, big ones like this, then I think everything is okay"

She looked at her brother grabbing his hand," We'll all be okay" She said specifically to him," Because we are family"