CHAPTER TWELVE

Marnie had found herself spending most of her time with Fangs, that it was starting to worry her

Marnie had found herself spending most of her time with Fangs, that it was starting to worry her. The only other person she spent this much time with was her twin, but even she hardly had seen him lately.

The twins would be at home at different times and school, and Anthony was barely even with the Serpents. It was not that Marnie disliked him being away, but she was just worried that if the days continued like this, the two would drift so far apart.

"Hey, Marnie are you okay?" Fangs asked her after she suddenly went silent. The pair both currently at Pop's Chock' lit Shoppe together for an after-school hangout. It had been almost a routine for them, that they didn't even have to plan anything and just go there together.

Marnie let out a sigh, as she stirred the straw in her milkshake," I'm starting to forget what the definition of okay even is these days"

"Penny for your thoughts?" Fangs reached over patting her hand, which had been a habit for him lately, and Marnie never pulled away, so he didn't see the harm in it.

She let out a breath and spoke "It's just...that Anthony has been on his own for most of the time, and I know I'm probably over-reacting but—

"You're afraid that you both would lose the close connection?" Fangs interrupted, he had known that lately, Anthony has been off on his own, and even he wondered where he was, but also Anthony was closer to Sweet Pea—so he was just as clueless as Marnie.

Marnie looked up at him shocked that he practically took the words out of her mouth, that it made her let out a small laugh. Often, Marnie noticed being with Fangs was that she had this light fluffy feeling in her chest, not sure what it was.

Although almost everyone would know what it meant, for Marnie who had never loved anyone romantically. She was completely oblivious to it whereas Fangs, he knew that he liked Marnie, he was fully aware of his own emotions, but he wanted to tread carefully.

He didn't want to end up as just one of her flings, no, he wanted more, and that is a lot to say for him. He a little like Marnie, had flings here and there, but relationships?

Yeah, the two were probably in the same department of clueless, but Fangs knowing what the feeling is meanwhile Marnie was just dense.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think you and Anthony will never grow apart even if you are hardly by each other's side" He reassured her.

She looked at him for a moment and then frowned," What makes you say that?"

Fangs smiled at her," Me and Sweet Pea aren't blood-related, but the two of us are like brothers, and even we have times when we are away from each other. So I know from some experience, and then you and Anthony? what you have is much stronger, and just like us, you guys only grow closer the farther apart you are"

"So, you're saying it's okay if we spend time apart?" She questioned and Fangs chuckled

"Yes, trust me, just talk to him, and I bet, the pair of you will realize it's fine not having to be with each other all the time"