CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

"I was in the wrong crowd, and getting tired of being thrown home from home, and it was getting hard for me to just let it happen" Marnie continued," For me, I was frustrated, with the system, on how they keep putting us at places that make us hav...

"I was in the wrong crowd, and getting tired of being thrown home from home, and it was getting hard for me to just let it happen" Marnie continued," For me, I was frustrated, with the system, on how they keep putting us at places that make us have to fight to survive"

"Group homes, abusive foster parents, horrible living environments; you can name it all. It was everything, or well almost everything horrible. Anthony was not giving up, always protecting me, but for me, I was just tired"

"So, one of my foster brothers, and I, well—We had a thing, and at the time, I thought it was real, but it wasn't. I was just young and stupid, and I let him control me. He knew of our current foster's parents stash, full of money, documents and all of those things that can make us survive on our own"

"This home, the one we were at, was actually a great one, and Anthony was finally stress-free from having to take a beating or an empty glass bottle being thrown. It was the place we could have been happy, but I let our foster brother manipulate me"

"So, he had a plan, and that was to run and just leave, and I actually wanted to, even if it meant leaving Anthony. Anthony who was finally happy, but I ruined that for him. My foster brother, he—pulled out a gun, and tried to kill them, and my brother"

"Because they caught us—but thankfully, there was a vase, near and I smashed it on his head— and...it caused enough damage to put him in a permeant state of being disabled. So, they split Anthony and me up, only for a month as punishment, for me"

"I should have been in jail for being an accessory to attempt of murder, and also for nearly killing someone, even if he had a gun, I still nearly killed someone!" Marnie cried as Fangs pulled her in his arms," No, no— You just made a wrong choice, but in the end, you knew what was wrong from right"

"What if I didn't take the right side, and I could have lost Anthony" Marnie sobbed and Fangs kissed the top of her head," You and Anthony are together, and you two seem to be inseparable now, and I think the way you two are protective of each other. What happened back then, is nothing but a faint mistake and memory"

"I'm not wrong, right? Tell me, what did Anthony say after it all?" Fangs asked pulling back to look at her eyes, "Did you two talk about the situation?" He questioned her and she nodded," Yes, we did, when we were reunited again, it was more of him yelling at my idiocy, but that was when we swore to never ever make there be a reason for us to be apart again"

"So, this guy, is the reason you were never in serious relationships?" Fangs asked holding her hand as she nodded," He was—that is, until I met you" She lifted her hand to his hair, running her fingers through it," You made me believe it was possible to be in love, and not to be afraid of it"

Fangs kissed her palm "For me, you are the first to make me know love is real, and not just a game, and I told you, hearing your story, only made me know, you are worth fighting for"