CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"Mia?" Marnie asked shocked as she stepped in the living room with Fangs in tow, the pair have just returned from their trip,"What's going on?" Marnie knew right from the morbid look on her face, that something was wrong

Lorenzo walked in with two cups of coffee, and when he saw Marnie, he had the same face mirror on his, like Mia," Guys, seriously, what's wrong?" Her voice cracked, as Fangs looked over quickly grabbing her had in support.

She took it gladly as she tightened the grasp," We need to talk, Marnie" Mia said strictly as she sat on the couch.

"Where is Anthony?" She questions ignoring Mia's words," Where is my brother?"

The two adults both shared looks and looked down and Marnie got weak in the knee's, but thankfully Fangs caught her, bringing her to the couch.

"He's in the hospital" Lorenzo spoke up," He was stabbed, by someone"

"What?! Was it a ghoulie because if it is I swear—" Mia raised her hand

"No—It was during a campout, with some of your classmates, and the police are thinking someone in school done it"

"What? Who would want to hurt Anthony in school?" Mia sighed at Marnie's words and leaned back on the chair

"Some people think it's a girl he played around with, out for revenge, and—"

"No that can't be right, because unlike me" Marnie slowly looked at Fangs who just smiled at her

"It's okay" He whispered and she nodded

"Anthony wouldn't lead anyone on, far enough for them to be mad at him. All of the girls, I can assure you didn't have any grudge on him. In fact, he gave most of them the confidence to find love with someone"

"You say that for all of them?" Mia asked and Marnie nodded

"Anthony only dated 5 girls, and all of them are in relationships now"

"How are you sure there wasn't more, I know your siblings—"

Marnie frowned cutting off Mia," Mia, you know Anthony and I never hide anything from each other, he would have told me"

"But what if he didn't tell you everything" Mia argued and Marnie pulled back

"He wouldn't! I know he...wouldn't" She got up and pulled Fangs long with her

"Where are you going?" Mia shouted and Marnie turned glaring

"To see my brother!"

Mia was going to get up and stop her but Lorenzo stopped her," No, let her, she needs to see him"

"Babe, are you okay?" Fangs asked her as he followed her in the car

"I will be, once I see my brother" She said angrily and gasped turning to Fangs at her getting angry," I'm Sorry"

"It's fine, I'm with you," He said softly as he grabbed her hand," Now, you do have a license, right? Because I never seen you drive ever"

Marnie chuckled at him," Yes, I have one, I just make Lorenzo or Anthony drive"

"Why do I picture you, sitting in the passenger seat and ordering them where to go?"

Fangs teased and Marnie snickered," I do it only for fun"