CHAPTER FIFTY

Marnie had been admitted into the hospital, and it was only expected for the police to get involved since they were all minors

Marnie had been admitted into the hospital, and it was only expected for the police to get involved since they were all minors. Luckily, with Kevin's persuasion to his dad, there had been no pointless arrest to the adults for the lack of not knowing they had been kidnapped.

The only thing that was unsettling was how Dylan's fits had been very hard to handle. He had been rightfully been diagnosed with Dissociative identity disorder (DID). As for Midge, she had been set for court, and her trial awaits her.

Marnie's been in total lockdown at the hospital, she was not allowed to see anyone but the medical supervision. The effects of being kidnapped for weeks had been taking a huge toll on her, so they had to approach with caution.

She would often hallucinate to having nightmares and screaming her lungs out in the middle of the night. It had been their mistake knowing that keeping her away from her family and friends would have ended her disorder. The moment they were allowed a visit, she had settled down greatly but she was still diagnosed with PTSD.

A few months of being medically attended to, everyone knew how permanent the effects would be but they treated her no different. They had a short period of experience and even they knew how suffocating it would be to coddle her. So, they acted like the events never happened which had been a huge help for Marnie. One day the nightmares and fears wouldn't be so strong, but they all had to be patient.

Marnie and Anthony had a rough patch on the entire situation with each other, after all the hidden secrets, deceits and lies. Mainly on Marnie's perspective, it had been very tough for her to just forgive him easily.

She didn't want to blame him but no matter how much she tried to think of how he wasn't connected, all of them led back to him. Though, despite it all, after a month of enforcing the blame, and the rough state her brother was in.

Marnie knew that it was a situation that could not have been handled. She had forgiven him but the pair of them had a long way before they went back to how they used to be. It was hard for the gang to see how disconnected they were, but it was not something any of them could have a say in.

Fangs had been by her side throughout the entire time to even being present to all of her therapy sessions. The fear lingered within her that one day he would find it all too unbearable, but he proved her wrong. Not a second in his entire being even thought about leaving her. Instead, it probably only lit the love for him making it stronger.

Marnie Gomez had a long journey, but she was going to be okay, as she told herself after the entire shitshow and all of the emotional scars and trauma that came with it along with Anthony. With almost everyone knowing about what happened, having them looked through a different perspective.

The pair of them with their heads held high had taken all of that judgement, and despite the twins not being side by side, they would know one thing, after all, they been through, this was their own lives even if they been looked at different.

They had a sense of pride of making it out of the mess, and all of it led to them saying the one thing that kept them standing tall.

It was their own story and their own mistakes they said those words high in their minds, both with a smile," It's Who we are, deal with it"